TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've thought about scrapping my 3.8 i have and replacing it with another 3.8. if i do this, will i be entitled to a newer 3.8 style engine? i'd understand why not however i'd also like to find out any more options i may have before buying a stock 3.8 for $2599 with a 5 year, one million mile warranty such as faster or cheaper choices to chose.
The one i own has an improper valve sound (maybe exhaust related) that is driving me insane... please reply.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
$2600 for a stock V6!? :eek: You should be able to rebuild the one you have for less than that. (Including having the heads redone.)

·
The Parts Guy
7,272 Posts
Well, if you want a bolt in replacement, I have a 98 3.8L with only 30,000 miles for $550 plus shipping. If you're interested in it, send me an email at [email protected] with your zip code for a shipped price.

Or you could do the splitport swap (99+ 3.8L). There is a ton of info on the swap on this forum from back when a few of us did it. You just need to search in this forum for "splitport".

The swap possibilities are really endless. It just depends on how much work you want to do, what tools/machinery you have readily available, and how skilled you are.

-Rod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts