TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello got a question for you does any one know of a write up for the 4.6 to 351w swap has any one done one besides the one about the stearing shaft?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
theres no real write up.
it all depends on what your lookin to do.
Is this going to be an all out drag car, or a decent street machine?
Do you have to worry about emissions?
Do you want EFI, or go the carbed route?

·
Super Moderator
7,982 Posts
First, go to this site
http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/birdwork2.htm
and read everything in there. Afterwards, if you have any questions, ask 95badbird. So far, I don't think anyone has swapped one in place of a 4.6 and kept fuel injection cause that would basically be a wiring nightmare, but there are a few carbed 351s running around that used to be 4.6 cars. I am in the middle of doing a fuel injected 393 swap, but I started with a 5.0 car so that all the wiring will be the same.

Mike

·
Registered
221 Posts
steering shaft

While you are looking at 392birds pages, note the steering shaft mods. I cant imagine not doing them while the engines out, because of the grief everyone goes through trying to pick headers that fit. A little more work now appears to save a real PITA later.

$ .73 more and you might buy a cup of coffee!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry guess i should have told you yes carb and i dont think that this car will see to much of the road i mean in the 4 years i have had it it has left the stands 2 times and touched the bare ground so.... and emissions dont matter im in mn!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts