TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which front bumpers, if any, are direct bolt on to a 96 without modifications?

The shop my car is at backed their shop van into my car and the bumper needs to be replaced along with drivers side turn signal :crying:

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
Which front bumpers, if any, are direct bolt on to a 96 without modifications?
A 97 is the only other one.

All bumpers from all years will work but you'll then need to swap header panels, hoods, headlights and a few other things to complete the swap.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
7,662 Posts
A 94/95 bumper will also sort of work, but the gaps between the bumper and the headlights won't be quite right, and the bumper to the hood doesn't quite line up right either.

·
Registered
440 Posts
96/97 are the same bumper. Anything older kinda messes up how the hood and headlights line up, they all fit without any cutting or anything.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
hey lurch,
Sorry about the hassle they've given you. By "shop" do you mean auto-related shop, as in auto repair shop or even auto-body shop? They should have all kinds of resources at their disposal to know how to repair collision damage. They may need to replace the header panel too if they cracked/broke it and they may find other parts that need to be replaced when they remove the bumper cover.
Good luck with the repair.
Jim

·
Banned
575 Posts
Anytime I used the wrong year bumper the gap by the headlights was so small only seasoned mn12 owners could tell.. It was maybe 1/5 and inch TOPS...and actually on my 97 cougar I had I put a 94 sc bumper on it and it fit almost perfect..just have to trim the Styrofoam bumper pad beneath ...so simple .good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts