TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this is the best place to ask before I start calling around. I picked up a 2000 GT shell and I have a good working 4R70W in one of my 96GT. I need to know what parts need to be swapped to make this work as the 96 is going to be mine and I have a T45 already waiting for it. The 2000 is for my wife so I don't need to build a monster tranny, but I will go into the valve body and give it some love. The 2000 is getting a mildly cammed PI motor and 373 gears is all.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
No need for a speedo gear on a 00 GT, but you do need to address the internal electronics to make it swap straight in. I have the parts if you need them.

Darrin

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just say no to a stock 96 roller clutch transmission. You will not be pleased with the results.
Alan

It works fine in the car it is in now, we are looking at swapping the NPI motor and trans all at the same time into the 2000 GT. Like I said, its not a hot rod by any means, my wife and my teenage kids will be the ones driving it.

My wife prefers the body style and color of the 2000 we found, and her 96GT is identical to my race car other than its in near mint shape. Its been a long time since I had a nice daily driver Mustang for myself but the entire drivetrain has to go.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I would swap the roller clutch out for a diode or at least a 14 element markVIII drum, but I have bad luck. Any time I use anything I know is crap it breaks on me. The when in doubt throw it out philosophy.
Alan

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I would swap the roller clutch out for a diode or at least a 14 element markVIII drum, but I have bad luck. Any time I use anything I know is crap it breaks on me. The when in doubt throw it out philosophy.
Alan
That's why they say to "always listen to that little voice". If something is telling you it's crap when you put it in, that voice is probably right. After all, those doubts you are having are for a reason - you KNOW what you've seen happen, right? :zdunno: I'm just sayin.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts