TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 97 mustang with an AODE currently, that needs to be rebuilt. but a buddy of mine has a 2004 4r70w he will give me. what do i need to do other than swap the valve bodies out to make this thing work for me.
thanks,
Gus

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
The 97 is already a 4r70w. You will need to repin the harness to install that transmission or install pre-98 electronics. Repinning the harness is easier for me and will get better results.
Alan

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Sorry for some reason I didn't notice you said 04 I thought it was 02. I replied to your PM I doubt you will want to use that transmission unless you are prepared to completely tear it down. However the 04 transmission is a much better transmission than what you have it does not have speedometer drive teeth.
Alan

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
dirtyd0g said:
Sorry for some reason I didn't notice you said 04 I thought it was 02. I replied to your PM I doubt you will want to use that transmission unless you are prepared to completely tear it down. However the 04 transmission is a much better transmission than what you have it does not have speedometer drive teeth.
Alan
Yup.

Darrin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts