TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around here a little and had a couple questions. My uncle has a newer Mustang GT laying around (parts car). What's the difference between that and my 95 LX 4.6 engine and trans? Would it be pretty easy to swap? I've got over 130,000 on my car right now and that car has less than 30,000. Do they both swap pretty easy? I noticed the Mustang is rated at 260 HP vs. the 210 HP mine is. I've also got flowmaster cat back kit and will probably replace the cats with high flow. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The motor will swap in fine. There are some things that need to be fabed up for the conversion. I am planing on doing a similar swap later this year to my 95. Do a search for "PI motor swap" OR "mustang motor". There have been many good threads on the subject

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I've been searching through and can't find any specifics on the fabrication I'd need to do. Are there any specific threads I should look at? Thanks again.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the motor mounts have to be modified, along with the ignition and fuel rails ( on '99 and up motors). Mustangs have coil on plug and returnless fuel injection. Maybe someone who has done it can be more usefull.

Here are some links
link
97 motor into 95

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
youll need 96-7 fuel rails, and the ignition stuff from your current engine will have to be reused. most of the other things shouldnt be too bad. if its an 01+ you shouldnt need to mod the mounts, as they're romeo blocks. you may also have to swap the coolant outlet on the bottom, maybe the oil pan, but thats pretty easy with the engine out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for the help on the engine, and I also found out it only has 16k miles on it. What about the trans?

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Is this a 99+ stang engine? Those have 260 HP the pre 99 4.6 from the stang only has like 10-15 more horses than the 94-97 bird engine....Personally I'd swap polished/ported PI heads/PI cams on that motor and maybe do a bit more to it then it'd be worth it, I mean, damn 16K, that's brand new.

Earl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts