TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the 5.4L today, I'll get some pics sometime tomorrow evening and detail what I've got planned.
Time to sleep now-just got back from the road trip to pick up the thing.
JL

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Congratulations there JL. I'm working on one right now. It's been a nightmare at first. 2000 Blackwood, 5.4 DOHC, Novi 2000 no cooler. Paxton's kit, instructions claimed stock MAF and injectors with their Diablow chip and fuel pump 430 rwhp. What a joke, ran out of fuel right off the bat. 42 lb installed with a 90mm LMAF for the fix....nada. Pegged the LMAF at 5200 rpm. Going to a BA2400 now. Going to seriously have to detune this once it's done though. Bottom end will never hold up to the hp this thing is putting out.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
I picked up the 5.4L today, I'll get some pics sometime tomorrow evening and detail what I've got planned.
Time to sleep now-just got back from the road trip to pick up the thing.
JL

It's the Apolocalypse kiddies... Should be fun to watch it happen though. Looking forward to seeing it. :cool:

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
GreenBird said:
I bet it's for his truck.

You'd lose that bet. Not for his truck.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
At least tell us he didn't buy it just to prove Miller wrong:tongue: ..or is he going the FI route with it?

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Good Luck JL.

Thought i may have been running with you in the 12.5 bracket in the next few months with my KB plans, but now you look like youll break right outta that class.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow,139 views less than 24 hours...:znanner:
Here's the pic of the engine:

And what it's in-they'll be none of them weak-*** 2V 5.4L's around here :evil4: :

2001 model
3.73 trac-lok
4R100 trans
Just about every little option except for the Navigation system and the swimming pool(moonroof)
111K miles
$9400

Wife loves it.

Surely you guys didn't think I was gonna mess with my car?
JL

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
kdanner said:
Owned!:uppoint:

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
wilson502 said:
Owned!:uppoint:
How so? It's not for his truck. You think I didn't know he was going to post this before he did?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
i was talkin about greenbird.

·
8,239 Posts
nice, my mom has the exact same truck, color, year and everything.

Nice trucks. Good price, those things will run forever, especially with someone that knows what to do with it.

The only neg is its a pig on gas, and it likes 93 octane, but it has a knock sensor, so you can put 87 in it.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
kdanner said:
His truck, wife's truck, same difference.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JustinH said:
nice, my mom has the exact same truck, color, year and everything.

Nice trucks. Good price, those things will run forever, especially with someone that knows what to do with it.

The only neg is its a pig on gas, and it likes 93 octane, but it has a knock sensor, so you can put 87 in it.
It'll only get 93,and it's got an appointment with TFHS for some EEC tweakin',and might get an E-fan in the near future. It's getting around 17 hwy right now,and it's still got the original O2 sensors and plugs in it.It's getting a tune-up in the next week or two.
JL

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
They pick up power really easy. I'm not done yet with this one, customer with new MAF. Even with the rev limit set low and short shifting it hauls.

I'm sure KD will be able to get you in the 20 mpg range also.

Justin, it's not a good idea to depend on the KSs to run regular fuel. By the time they pick up the knock you could already be doing damage. Their calibrations were not that great until around 03. You are losing a lot of performance running it that way. You'll get much better performance with a custom tune for regular fuel. Something that should be done in person on a dyno or street tune to get the most out of it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts