TCCoA Forums banner

Sway Bar End Links. What is the best brand?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Darin10 
#1 ·
I want to replace my front and rear sway bar end links. Trying to do my homework. What do you guys prefer? Let me know Thanks

#2 ·
For the front - end links with captivated boots and grease fittings. For the rear - if you can find some, the articulated ones like the factory ones.

The front end links changed in 1993; I'll use those as an example, but if you have a 89-92 and haven't changed to 93-97 spindles, you'll have to use them JUST as an example.

Front I'd consider ProForged 11310071 ... check them out on RockAuto.

Rear? ProForged 11310150 . Both are listed as "Heavy Duty".

GOOD news - if you buy cheap crap, at least they won't have front end parts fall off when they fail.

RwP

#3 ·
Motorcraft or AC Delco Professional grade. Be careful because AC Delco now has the “advantage” line too, which is cheap made in China ****. Also for sway bar links you definitely don’t want grease fittings. The greasable ones are not sealed as well as the non-greasable ones, and the fittings are difficult to get to, so the result is that they don’t get greased and they wear out faster.

#5 ·
Good info. You mean the ACDelco, or the ProForged?

RwP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.