TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how in the hell do you pull the front sway bar off the car. is there a way? it sandwiched between the k-member and the cars frame.:confused:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Gotta love them tech articles that few have taken the time to read. I think I've read every article in there thoroughly and I must say there is a TON of great info in there.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Or just drop the whole K member completely and "while you're there", replace the oil pan gasket, oil filter adapter gasket, front seal (might as well go with underdrive pulleys...), replace the starter, replace the motor mounts, replace the lower radiator hose, and completely rebuild the front suspension. :D

It is AMAZING how much you can get done while the K member is out of the way. Yeah, a "little pricy" :zwall:, but sooner or later you're going to have to do all of those things anyway...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Or just drop the whole K member completely and "while you're there", replace the oil pan gasket, oil filter adapter gasket, front seal (might as well go with underdrive pulleys...), replace the starter, replace the motor mounts, replace the lower radiator hose, and completely rebuild the front suspension. :D

It is AMAZING how much you can get done while the K member is out of the way. Yeah, a "little pricy" :zwall:, but sooner or later you're going to have to do all of those things anyway...
A+ to that. I needed my oil pan gasket replaced, and my suspension needed rebuild. I just dropped my K member while holding the engine in the bay, and replaced all my seals and gaskets + front suspension, probably the best and easiest way to do everything all at once.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts