TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys experience with Swiss amps, I have a deal for a 500 rms swiss amp for like 260...anyone think this is worth it? It'll be powering two kenwood typhoons...need like something around 200-300 rms.
~Josh

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Swiss?
Unless it's extreme high-end, then I've never heard of it....so is it like off-brand?

260 for only 500 rms?

You can spend 260 and get 1500 rms @ 1 ohm (hifonics)

You can do a lot better.
I prefer MTX amps, they are nice.
Alpine has nice amps.
But if you're willing to spend 260 on only 500 rms, then go get Alpine or MTX.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Swiss = garbage. Hifonics = Underrated unless at the full 14v. Still cheap power though. I'd reccomend them.

Rockford underrates their products, they are really good. Alot of the birthsheets are atleast 100-200wrms over. They have a nice line, but there subs don't sound too hot this year. Alpine also has nice amps but they have a high price.

I'd go with rockford or hifonics.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yeah, my only problem with Rockfords.....well I don't know if they improved this, but holy hell do they get hot. My buddy had a last year's model, and I think I could have cooked a steak on it.

MTX usually underrates their products. The birth sheet it comes with shows it's potential with full power.

With Hifonics, if you want 1500 w, get the 1800 w and make up for the loss of being barely overrated.

It's hard to find a better amp, for the price, considering they are all 1 ohm stable.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Razzbird. Does this go for the entire line of Swiss Audio? I was looking at a head unit the other day but place did not have one I could listen to. Do I need to avoid it?
Sorry for high Jacking the thread but I am looking for answers and so far this the only place I found that some one knew of Swiss Audio.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Steer clear of Swiss.
They are a cheap, inexperienced, poor company.
Sure, they do have potential, hope, etc. But, for your money, for your safety, buy a diff. kind.
If you're want cheap but decent, try Pioneer, Lower-End Alpine, Kenwood.

If you want high end- Clarion, Eclipse, Alpine

·
Registered
524 Posts
Swiss is a branch off of Audiobahn I believe. Audiobahn imo isn't that good untill you get to the eternal and immortal series.

They are nice for a bling factor though ;).

For a nice HU go with clarion or pioneer or even a nice kenwood. I wouldn't go with alpine HU's just because I've had problems with everyone of them i've owned. (not bashing becasue I own their amp.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts