TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of these in my '95 LX 40th anniversary the other day. Like I said put them in during the day.

It snowed the night I put them in and haven't/won't take the car out in this mess.

Anyone have them? Like/dislike them? Comments on them?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Waste of money and little to no difference imo.

A relay harness to reduce voltage drop to the headlights will make a way bigger difference for not much more $.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I put them in my car and noticed a difference but the big difference was when I change the headlights themselves. With the old cloudy lenses you won't notice it too much but with new ones it's a big change in my opinion.

·
Super Moderator
5,121 Posts
Add the relay harness, and you'll be blazing white *grins*

I like the ones in my Dakota.

I'm running HIRs in my Cougar (with the GM headlamps).

RwP

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is a relay harness a generic term? Or is there something specific I need to ask for? Because me myself am pretty dissatisfied about the brightness (or lack there of) from hour headlights

·
Super Moderator
5,121 Posts
It's a generic term.

A SPECIFIC one, for the 89-90 Cougars is such as this one: https://www.painlessperformance.com/webcat/30817

For 1990+ Cougars, you could also use this one: https://www.painlessperformance.com/webcat/30816

That's just one example, BTW. There's several others, and since I grew up with a hot soldering iron in my hand :diablo: I made my own from 12GA wire by chopping up a couple of 9005/9006 pigtails, adding a 9007 female, and did that while converting to GM headlights so I got quad beams out of the deal also.

Very telling is that my passenger headlight picked up over a volt ...

(Yes, I fused it also. Two separate fuses, so if I lose one headlight I can keep on with the other set ... )

RwP

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thread is a bit old but zXe's are just another marketing disappointment really. Sure they are whiter in color, but actual road luminosity isn't really any better. Generally speaking, stay away from bulbs that have any type of color tint on the glass. Doesn't matter what lights you get though, the limitation is the assembly itself. The beam pattern is just horrible no matter what you do.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thread is a bit old but zXe's are just another marketing disappointment really. Sure they are whiter in color, but actual road luminosity isn't really any better. Generally speaking, stay away from bulbs that have any type of color tint on the glass. Doesn't matter what lights you get though, the limitation is the assembly itself. The beam pattern is just horrible no matter what you do.
By assembly you mean how our cars lights pretty much only light up the first 10 feet in front of our car?

Ralph P. I'm curious to see how you did that because I'm about to pick up a solder set as soon as one shows up in front of me. .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts