TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
Love'em in the 9004 conversion headlights on my Dakota.

Do be aware, they won't last as long as OEM grade halogens. Not a problem for ME, but some folks get bent when they discover that life and brightness are on opposite sides of the slope ...

RwP

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
They are good bulbs.... IMO Philips and Wagner both sell better bulbs that cost a lot less. They are pretty much online only though..

If you want to buy nice drop in replacements at a local store, Silverstar Ultra or the zXe are nice

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work part time for a parts store, so I got a decent price on them. They "seem" a lot brighter, and more clear to me.

Will see how they do.

RalphP, how long did yours last??

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Pep Boys sells Phillips bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
5,132 Posts
My first set is still going strong, but they're not quite a year old.

It's just that I feel like that reminder is required, since the best way to get halogens brighter is to run them hotter, which makes the filaments burn out sooner. Pays ya monies, gets ya choice *grins*

On the Dak it's not a big pain to swap the bulbs (it's actually darn easy on the passenger side), but still ...

RwP

·
Registered
78 Posts
General rule of thumb with halogen bulbs is to stay away from color coated bulbs. A hotter filament doesn't necessarily mean a shorter life span, but overdriving a filament to produce enough light to get through a filter(color coating) does shorten the life span. I would always recommend Philips ExtremeVision bulbs coupled with a relay harness for a halogen setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts