TCCoA Forums banner

T-45 swap wiring questions

827 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  MadMikeyL 
#1 ·
I started my T-45 swap the other day. Right now, I have the old trans out and I am trying to figure out how to wire it so that the reverse lights work. I got the trans with a wiring harness that I think is out of a mustang and has one main connector and 2 O2 sensor connectors and the reverse lights and speedo sensor. The speedo sensor plugs right in, so I just swapped the gear on it. I don't know what to do about reverse lights. Does anyone know what wires I should splice the reverse lights connector to to make it work? Also should I just use the harness that came on the automatic and cut off the stuff I don't need and tap into something for the reverse lights? That's kind of what I figured would be the easiest, but I figured I would ask so someone who has done this before could tell me. Thanks

Mike

#3 ·
Well the trans is in the car at this point. I still have to do some work with the hydraulic system and fix some botched up wiring I found, but that should be done tomorrow. I was messing around with the wiring for the trans, and I figured out how to hook up the reverse lights. One thing I am wondering is if the car will start without the MLPS hooked up, as it isn't there anymore. Are there some wires that I should splice together to make the car start? I don't care about any neutral safety switch or anything like that. Actually I prefer not to have one just incase something blows out in the hydraulics I'll still be able to drive the thing home. Anyway, if anyone has any info on how to do the wiring for this swap, please let me know. That is the only part that I'm not too comfortable messing with. Thanks.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.