TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can they be swapped out? i seen some nice GT stang wheels i wanted to buy, but i need to know can the center caps be swapped out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
mustang wheels

I'm pretty sure Mustang wheels won't fit the T-Bird. I had the same thought and looked into it. I'm pretty sure the bolt circle is different, 4-1/4 for T-Bird and 4-1/2 for the Mustang. Look at www.tirerack.com I think they have a Thunderbird SVT wheel that looks the same as the Mustang SVT wheel.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Stang wheels have different bolt patterns than the birds. Which means Mustang rims will not fit onto a bird without a bolt pattern swap.

The stangs have a 4.5 bolt pattern while the MN12 has a 4.25 ....you are correct RedBird.

Now as or the center caps fitting, it depends on the wheels.... there are ALOT of stang wheels out there....LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, MN12's and Foxes have different offsets/bolt patterns. I own one of each and tried to swap my Cobra rims to my Mark VIII when i found out the hard way.

But as for center caps. I can visualize a few rims that they might swap....but there are a LOT of stang rims and tbird rims to pick from.

Right off the top of my head, i believe the sunflower 15" T-bird rim and the 17" '93 Cobra share the same center cap. There may be others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts