TCCoA Forums banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
The tips are definitely aluminum, and at first the rust had me stumped. The best I can figure is there's several layers of prep under where the chrome was, and that's what's giving me the copper color. As soon as I can make up my mind, I'll get some stainless turndowns. I guess that's what I get for $10 tips.

But yeah, I'm keeping this one at stock height. At least for the foreseeable future.

There is a very small amount of orange peel in the paint (I didn't have the money to spend on a show-car paint job), but from a short distance it's impossible to tell. It's so minimal I don't even think it'd qualify as "orange peel".

Spent most of the evening installing a new amp and getting the wiring set for that. While I was at it I also put in the fold down seat I had. I've still got a closed vane water pump, my custom cluster and set of underdrive pulleys to go in.

Oh yeah, and when I got to the shop the guy who did the work said he had a couple people ask if the car was for sale. :D :D

Now I'm thinking about vanity plates. "RED TBRD" or the like. Will this ever end? :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Very nice. Where did you get the hid upgrade from?
It was an ebay deal back in 09; there's a thread about them in the exterior section that's a dozen or so pages long. Unfortunately the manufacturer no longer makes them and nobody makes one small enough to fit in our housings. There are a few close ones, but they all seem to involve cutting.

Oh and Rayo - I noticed that he did shoot some flat back in the rear wheel wells. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
:rofl:

Having a hard time with that, honestly...

It's coming to the point where the paint job has matured enough that I can wax it now; it's been nearly 3 months since he sprayed the car. There's a good shine to it as it is, but I'm eager to see what a good coat of carnauba will do for the finish. There's rain in the forecast for the next few days so I might get a chance to wax it over this weekend. Once I do I'm sure I'll take a bunch of pictures. The car was a bit dusty when I took the pics after I got it home. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Wow Brandon.

Not sure how I missed this tread. :confused:

Most excellent work! Your car is beautiful. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to get mine painted your car is a real inspiration. My roof looks a lot worse than yours did. :(

I hope to see you at Summer Blast or the SC shootout.

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
Finally got it waxed up today, but when I went to take pictures I was only able to get one shot off before the camera batteries died. :facepalm:

Turned out rather well, so here it is...

·
Administrator
8,010 Posts
Beautiful! :D Definitely something to be proud of! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the camera batteries! :(

Joe

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Great looking bird! The guy did an awesome job on the body work/paint. Great pic! Should be ur new avatar! :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Looks VERY nice!!!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Damn that looks awesome. You are making me want to get projectors too, now :)

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Good as ... if not better than ... new!

Looks great. I hope to have pix of my fresh paint up by mid-August.

·
Super Moderator
9,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

When is your paint job Ron, I assume late summer? Same color I'd assume? What kind of a job are you aiming for - "factory quality" (what I asked for) or better?

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

When is your paint job Ron, I assume late summer? Same color I'd assume? What kind of a job are you aiming for - "factory quality" (what I asked for) or better?
Yea, late summmer, probably some time in July or early August. I've got to figure out when I can get the car out for the work and get the finances in order to pay for it - as you know - paint ain't cheap!

I got an estimate about a year ago from Sophious who works at a paint & body shop. I'll have to get a new quote for the work since it's been to long since the last estimate.

They do amazing work and I feel very comfortable leaving my car in his capable hands.

No, not the same color. It's gonna be Orange! :tongue: LOL, just kidding. Yes, same color. I had considered a dark blue but in the end decided to stick with the dark green that it is now. As far as paint quality, IDK, it all depends on my finances. It certainly won't be anything less than "Factory quality". We'll see how much "better" I can afford ...

I've got some orange peel in the paint on both bumpers from where they were replaced by a sorry-ass dealership after I wrecked the car in ... I think it was 2000? (I hydroplaned, spun out and hit a guard rail). I had to have the front and rear bumpers replaced along with the right rear quarter pannel.

I've got a few minor body changes planned while it's in the shop; of course to fix all the nicks, scratches and minor dents, I also want to shave the antenna in addition to having the rear fenders rolled. I also bought a Cobra R hood. That's it.

81 - 100 of 121 Posts