TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
You guys might remember me from the "GF leaving me for no reason whatsoever!!!" post. I'm the "lucky" guy of the week. If my long time love leaving me for no reason wasn't bad enough, I got a nice gift from a Honda that was racing down my street last night. He probably felt I didn't feel bad enough by losing my girl, so he decided to attempt to kill my car.

Here are the pictures of the damage:

The driver side door is messed up. Need to replace the whole thing. I can open it suprisingly and lock works. The police was here last night because two SUVs on the opposite side of the street got hit, but the police didn't see that my car was hit as well.

Today my neighboor wakes me up early in the morning and tells me what happened. He gave me the number of the officer in charge of the investigation and I'm still waiting for him to call me back.

This is bloody wounderful... Why doesn't someone just put a gun to my head and kill me? I don't believe the amount of bull$hhit that happens in one week.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Ahh, that'll buff right out, just top off the blinker fluid. J/k man, hope things look up for ya

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was lucky that he just hit the door. But I'll feel lucky if I find the guy who crashed into my ride and punch his lights out. Taking a car for damage evaluation on Wendesday, hopefully the other punk's insurance will take care of everything. I assume I'll need a new door after this. Thing that blows is that my passanger side door is in a bad shape (rust), why did he kill my good door? Grrrrr!

·
Administrator
14,211 Posts
Man, that Honda knocked your rear wheels backwards! ;)

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
:uppoint: that guy too! J/k :tongue: The work to fix it should be (relatively) minimal, but it still sucks that you have to hassle with it. You could probably do the work yourself if you feel confident in your abilities of either swapping the door or using filler on your own

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More good news, the guy who crashed into it has no insurance... Life keeps getting better and better........ Ahhh, what can one do? :D

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
honestly i would try one of those painless dent repair guys , that and a buffer , and a new handle . its not creased, and just scratched. some of those guys are so good you cant even tell anything happened

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
oh i forgot, also , if the other damage doesnt buff out you can get one of those mobile touch up guys that comes to dealerships

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
probally totaled it !

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
johnnyx said:
More good news, the guy who crashed into it has no insurance... Life keeps getting better and better........ Ahhh, what can one do? :D
Simple, talk to your insurance company and they go after him personally

·
Registered
974 Posts
that sucks!! bad luck definately comes in 3's. My rear window got smashed in an attempted breakin in the week before. Monday I hit a large piece of wood in the road, throws me out of control and I **** up my car ($4400 of damage) on a mile marker sign. And somone hit my moms car in a parking lot yesterday, although they did tell her and exchanged info. So hang in there man it could have been a lot worse. That's how I have to look at it, I could have hit a wall or another car instead of a mile marker sign....that would have been MUCH worse.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some good news, my best friend's drinking buddy owns an auto body shop. I cut a deal for him to fix my car for about $1300. The original estimate just for the door was $1200 from my insurace. For the $1300 I managed to do this:

Fix the door damage
Replace the handle
Replace my front passanger side fender and paint it
Replace my passanger side mirrror and paint it
Repaint both my front and back bumper and fix a small bump on it
Install of a new header panel
Install of a new headlight

I think it's a pretty sweet deal. The insurace should cover $1000 of the damage, so at the end it will roughly cost me $300 bucks to do all this. I just hope the guy does a good job - which my best friend thinks he will.

I brought the car to the guy this last Wedensday, yesterday he calls me, tells me everything's fixed and installed. Today he's doing the painting, and on Saturday it should be done and ready for pickup. So basically whole job will be done in 3 days. All I can say is DAMN! So far, so good.

Now I just gotta hope for good results tommorow. Wish me luck guys! I'll snap some pictures as soon as I can.

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Remember, it takes months for the new paint to "cure". You can't wax it or use any abbrasive stuff on it... I got the 2 doors repainted on mine, and blended the 1/4 panels, front and back. Well it was in the winter time and I was driving. Snow plow was on my left side, with his salt machine off. I was at a light and it turned green, the truck started to move and turned on his salt machine that SPEWED tons of salt on my left side... paint wasnt fully cured and it chipped the paint all up. Damn salt trucks. gl buddy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts