TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my cougar will be getting a digital dash from a t-bird, which I'm told is nearly identical to the full digital dash in the cougar.

Now, does anyone have a picture of this t-bird dash? I see a tbird dash with digital speedo, but thats it. Is there another one with digital tach/speedo/fuel/etc?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Now thats just plain cool.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Those are pictures of the 89 digidash, he has an 87, and I assume he wants one from the same year range car.

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Yeah, I have an 87 with full digital instruments, okay not really mine but it will be soon hopefully. I'll take a pic when I find my camera (it's been borrowed) and it quits raining.

Looks almost similar to that, but it has a Gauges button you press to cycle through all the gauges (oil, temp, fuel, volts) and it defaults to temp at startup. If the oil pressure or voltage level is low, or the coolant temp is high, it sounds a warning tone and the corresponding gauge comes up with it's icon flashing.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Nativedetroiter said:
I wish I could get that in my 96.... I love digigauges...
XR7-4.6 said:
then convert i did:D but i went the other way

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
How do you set the Odometer?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I've never seen the full digital dash in a fox bird.

My 85 had the digital speedo with analog surround... like this one on coolcats.net

What you really want is to get your hands on the digital cluster from the "Continental 100" concept vehicle. Heres a pic of the brochure that was on ebay recently. A cool dash in a butt fuggin ugly car.

Heres another pic of the 89~93 digital dash.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Getting the center and lefthand sides of the 89-93 digital cluster to work is just an issue of rewiring. The righthand side of the cluster will NOT work with any EEC-V or mustang computer controlled car.

Their computers dont have the needed output to run that part of the cluster.

·
Super Moderator
16,984 Posts
originally posted by tbirdbrain
Getting the center and lefthand sides of the 89-93 digital cluster to work is just an issue of rewiring. The righthand side of the cluster will NOT work with any EEC-V or mustang computer controlled car.

Their computers dont have the needed output to run that part of the cluster.
damn, i was really starting to consider this swap too:(

·
Registered
179 Posts
Actually i think that the dash will work with the eecV a while back i was on the sam's fox bird site and there was a thread about putting a newer 5.0 and maf set up in the car and the pin outs to use to make all the guages work. also on this site a while back some mentioned an after market digital scanner for the obdII that gave all the same info

"http://www.scangauge.com/"

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Unfortunately none of the EEC-V were equipped with the fuel flow data output and this pin (and the logic controls) were either deleted on every other ECU or used for the secondary air inj. bypass solenoid on later mustangs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interesting

One of the most interesting abilities of this digital gauge on the 89-93 is the ability to switch between imperial and metric (mph/kph).

So if I want to eventually switch in a Mustang ECC it won't work? Were the Thunderbird computers made specifically for a digital or analog dash? I ask because I'm swapping out the 3.8 L computer for a 5.0 L and hope that the dash still works like it did. I thought the trip distance, km per tank, and mileage were all calculated within the dash itself and didn't have anything to do with the computer.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts