TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Last night the LX was involved in an accident. My wife was driving the car to work. She headed out of a gas station on a road and a lady t-boned the LX in the front drivers fender.

Not much damage, mostly just a fender, bumper, headers panel, corner light, a small dent in the door.

·
Administrator
8,008 Posts
Oh man! :facepalm:

Everybody alright? Hopefully damage isn't too bad, good luck!

Joe

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife was the only one driving. She is good, a little brused, but ok.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Accidents suck, glad no major injuries occurred. I was recently introduced to Mr Airbag, and I am not a fan.

And a salvage title! Bought it back for 400 bucks, so got a check for 3800.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
always look left, right, and then left again! That's why if I ever get married, wife will never drive my car, lol.
It isn't his car it's OUR car. Infact I wanted the car befor Justin ever wanted it. Justin also has it all wrong I wasn't coming out of a gas station I was driving down the road and the person the hit me was turning into the gas station and T-boned me.

~His amazing wife that knows how to drive fast cars <3 :D

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Damn. So sorry this happened to you guys.

Let the (and I'm being nice here ...) individual who hit you pay for everything!

I'd recommend intense physical therapy for your wife at the local spa including a facial, massage, mani and peddi on this yahoo's insurance dime.

She did break a nail didn't she? :D

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
It isn't his car it's OUR car. Infact I wanted the car befor Justin ever wanted it. Justin also has it all wrong I wasn't coming out of a gas station I was driving down the road and the person the hit me was turning into the gas station and T-boned me.

~His amazing wife that knows how to drive fast cars <3 :D
I never said it was his car. What I said was that if I get married, the wife ain't gonna drive my car.

~Your amazing moderator that knows how to say things right the first time. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I don't know all the details, but I do want to share what happened to a friend of mine.

He was on a motorcycle and a car was in the left lane slowing down while my friend was in the right lane. Well, she turned RIGHT from the left lane and he hit her in the fender.

When the police arrived to investigate, the officer told my friend that even though she turned right from the left lane he was at fault because IT IS NEVER LEGAL TO PASS ON THE RIGHT.

Have you ever heard of such a thing? What happened in your case? Did the police show up before y'all left the scene?

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Well it's not legal to pass on the right, but cruising steady in the right lane isn't really passing unless he got out of the left lane behind her to pass her
That's what happened and the lady said she didn't see him.

Justin, I'm sorry to see your car - just glad everyone is ok; the car can be fixed! I know this because Daniela hit a deer and I fixed our TBird..... then she hit another deer 2 WEEKS LATER! Grrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

Please fix your vehicle, guys! Lots of love for the Birds & Cougs!!!!

Damn. So sorry this happened to you guys.

Let the (and I'm being nice here ...) individual who hit you pay for everything!

I'd recommend intense physical therapy for your wife at the local spa including a facial, massage, mani and peddi on this yahoo's insurance dime.

She did break a nail didn't she? :D
OMG! In touch with our feminine side, are we Ron? :tongue:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Please fix your vehicle, guys! Lots of love for the Birds & Cougs!!!!
I'm sure he will. If not I bet there's a small line of people waiting for that thing to go up on the forsale forums. :D

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Glad everyone is ok first and foremost. Hope to see the bird up and flying again soon bro. Take it easy.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Good to hear that Kym is ok. Car doesn't look too bad...hard to tell, but is there frame damage along the side?

It's survived worse, this was from when the woman pulled out in front of me back in...05?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jeff, the car is a little tweeked along that side. It also pushed all the ABS stuff in and was able to push the battery againist the radiator. also, the door sticks out a little where it meets the rear quarter panel. Im hoping its just the hinges bent, but i really dont know.

As of right now, i believe it jsut needs a few things that i can get a junkyard. I can get everything it needs for $50, like the fender, header panel, bumper....etc.

My abs light is on as well, so i have to see whats goin on with it. It may just be a bad ecu.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts

LOL

No, I just know what most women like. :D

There are always exceptions, but I've never met a woman who didn't enjoy a day at the spa.

Jeff, the car is a little tweeked along that side. It also pushed all the ABS stuff in and was able to push the battery againist the radiator. also, the door sticks out a little where it meets the rear quarter panel. Im hoping its just the hinges bent, but i really dont know.

As of right now, i believe it jsut needs a few things that i can get a junkyard. I can get everything it needs for $50, like the fender, header panel, bumper....etc.

My abs light is on as well, so i have to see whats goin on with it. It may just be a bad ecu.

Let Chung look at it. I bet he's in the market for a new project now that he's nearly done with mine.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL

No, I just know what most women like. :D

There are always exceptions, but I've never met a woman who didn't enjoy a day at the spa.
Well Ron, according to our lawyers, she will get something close to a day at the spa.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Make sure you get all the parts listed to do the repair before they try to low ball you.

The car is definately worth fixing. If you swing it right maybe you can add a bit and get the whole thing painted while you are at it.

I'd certainly think since the other person was at fault they would try to get your car fixed but they will look for the cheapest way out for sure.

Glad Kym is ok. I believe the Bird will be ok too with a little surgery.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts