TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Super Moderator
9,174 Posts
Yeah, it looks like a 94/95. The only way to know for sure is to look for the VIN (assuming it still has one) in the lower driver's corner of the front windshield. As far as the branding, I would assume it's just a car someone had a company modify for them. Not a factory or dealer option.

·
Registered
267 Posts
When importing cars to Europe sometimes the year model is "assigned" and has nothing to do with the VIN or actual year of manufacture. Strange but true.

Nobody commented on 30mpg. Also remember that Imperial gallons are bigger so that answers that question.

I like it.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I really like the style. If I were living over there, I'd buy it.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I really like the style. If I were living over there, I'd buy it.
Yes it looks quite nice. I'd buy it, but I already own the best T-bird in the UK...:D:D

When importing cars to Europe sometimes the year model is "assigned" and has nothing to do with the VIN or actual year of manufacture. Strange but true.

Nobody commented on 30mpg. Also remember that Imperial gallons are bigger so that answers that question.

I like it.
The year of manufacture for UK cars is shown in the first letter of the license plate no. R=1998, P=1996 etc. I think this should be a L (1994). I reckon they didn't have proof of year of manufacture when it was imported maybe.

Yes UK gallons are slightly larger. Mine regularly gets 26 on a 50m/day commute. I did a trip last year of a couple hundred miles staying at a steady 60ish and managed to get 36mpg. I was absolutely amazed!!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Nice marketing, LOL. NASCAR body kit... Mustang engine LOL

It looks a little tacky with the two-tone and all but I suppose that's original :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
30 mpg is legit. You yanks have your own odd gallon size so you aren't used to everyone else's normal mpg numbers LOL

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You guys are right 25mpg is right on the money. Just FYI Netkeym gets almost 30 with his car with just a Cai and U/D pulleys (that's yank gallons) On my last road trip with my wife, 2 kids, and 2 full size dogs with luggage, I got 28 on my way home.

So these cars can get 30mpg U.S. as well, just depends on how you drive them.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to buy Imperial gallons at US gallon prices. Now that would be cool.
Unfortunately UK gallons come with the UK price. Currently £6.13/gal (Thats $9.20 per gallon) Doesn't sound so good now does it!

I filled my car up on Monday and it was £70 ($105). That will last me a week. 5yrs ago it would have been about £43.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
learn something new everyday! us yanks like to be different! thats why we are so great!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I think the faux knock off lugs are a nice touch.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
"i get 30 mpg if taken steady."

riiiiiight
30 mpg is legit. You yanks have your own odd gallon size so you aren't used to everyone else's normal mpg numbers LOL
learn something new everyday! us yanks like to be different! thats why we are so great!
I get 32MPG US at a steady 60MPH in my 2004 Mustang GT with the 4.6L. I've gotten a max of 38MPG out of my Thunderbird with the V6 so I'm sure a V8 Thunderbird could do 30 highway no problem, as long as you don't drive 80. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,174 Posts
Don't doubt 30 MPG, it's very doable even with the 4.6. My highs in a 2 month period in the T-bird before I started modding were 29.8, 29.0 and 28.6 MPG. This was with an average highway speed of about 65 (some 60, some 70). Very doable.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I get 32MPG US at a steady 60MPH in my 2004 Mustang GT with the 4.6L. I've gotten a max of 38MPG out of my Thunderbird with the V6 so I'm sure a V8 Thunderbird could do 30 highway no problem, as long as you don't drive 80. :)
Don't doubt 30 MPG, it's very doable even with the 4.6. My highs in a 2 month period in the T-bird before I started modding were 29.8, 29.0 and 28.6 MPG. This was with an average highway speed of about 65 (some 60, some 70). Very doable.
I've owned four MN12 4.6's and never passed 26 highway. 2 of which were stock with up to date maintenance. If you have any secrets to share, by all means post up on the sticky'd MPG thread on the 4.6 forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,174 Posts
Like I said, I've experienced it and so have others. If you haven't... well, I can't say anything to that. But don't say it's not possible because it most certainly is.

Now, that said... more often than not I average closer to 24 in the T-bird and 26-28 in the Cougar. The Mark 8 sees 24-26ish.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Like I said, I've experienced it and so have others. If you haven't... well, I can't say anything to that. But don't say it's not possible because it most certainly is.

Now, that said... more often than not I average closer to 24 in the T-bird and 26-28 in the Cougar. The Mark 8 sees 24-26ish.
Never said it was not possible. I'm sure others have done it. So, if you want to share your set up and discuss it more on the 4.6 MPG thread by all means. Let's not get off topic on Andy625UK’s thread.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts