TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
8,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most here know, Ford discontinued the Thunderbird lower rear reveal molding a few years ago. I know mine isn't in the best of shape and I'm sure many people here aren't happy with the way their molding looks.

I know this gentleman from the New England Group of the thunderbirdnest.com - Thunderbird Forums and he has a contact with QAA USA, makers of automobile trim pieces. They have made numerous items for the Retro-Birds and I asked him about the reveal moldings for our cars. He said he would be more than happy to run it by them, I have a spare molding to give them. I will be seeing him next month at a show to give him the molding.

What I want to know is, who would be interested? Apparently the company wants to see documented interest or websites that show needs. I have no idea if they could even make it, how much it will cost, how long it would take. Nobody will be committing to anything, just looking for interest.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
9,167 Posts
So long as the cost is no more than what Ford charged for the OE pieces new when they were available, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Id be interested in 2. Maybe they will make peices for our cars as well.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I'd be interested as well. I can't find any decent ones anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im interested

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
reveal moldings? Which are these on the car?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm definitely interested. It would be nice get roof trim above the doors but dont want to push it. I would be happy with whatever I can get for right now.

·
Super Moderator
10,367 Posts
I'm interested; I'd like it a lot if they would consider making other moldings as well.

Cougar and Tbird. :)

·
3,734 Posts
I'd definitely be interested. Most of mine need to be replaced. As someone else said, as long as they don't cost more than what Ford charged for them, I'd be down for it!

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I'm interested pending the price.

·
Super Moderator
11,902 Posts
Count me in.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Seems like enough peps to make a good batch :cool: Being that I have two birds might be in for a pair;)

·
3,734 Posts
If he could make the upper reveal moldings, that would be fantastic too. The rubber is long gone on mine. I actually need those more than the lowers.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm in.

Since I'm too lazy to actually scroll up a few replies and read it, was there somewhere I needed to go to put in a good word?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts