TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the prob. I had the head gaskets (evil 3.8L) replaced back in May, and replaced the O2 sensor shortly after that. We reset the computer and it didnt help matters at all. The car runs jerky like its not getting enough gas, but the injectors were all replaced when the gaskets were put in, and they ran fine before the sensor was changed. The other thought we had is there is something in the exhaust. so we took the cats off and it seemed to help a bit, but its still jerky and wont rev past 3 grand when you are driving. Is it possible that all the coolant and other junk that was in the cats couldve gotten past the cats into the resonator or even into the muffler out back? its getting old having to feather the gas so it doesnt bog down, and hitting 60 is an act of God. any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
801 Posts
why did you replace the o2 sensors i didnt

yeah after ford did my headgaskets i didnt replace my o2 sensors do i have to ????

Marvin M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you may or may not have to, I did because I burned sensors up when I smoked my gaskets. I ended up having to drive 50 miles to get home.

·
Registered
801 Posts
how do you know if they are burnt dude???

yeah how do i know if my sensors need to be replaced???

Marvin M.

K

·
0 Posts
most of the time your check engine light will come on if you need to replace them, but more often then not all you need to do is take them off and give them a good cleaning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guys, the O2's arent the problem, they are all new, as well as the injectors, timing chain, egr, and head gaskets, the problem is that when I put the new O2's in and reset the computer, the car started acting all jerky and unresponsive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts