TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a friend of mine has a 92 Tbird SC hes getting rid of (Junkyard), but the charger still works fine. Is it possible and practical to take this out and put it on my 03 V6 mustang? How would I do it and what would I need? All help is appreciated

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
It can be done but it is not easy. first off get the entire motor and all electrics off the car. The sc motor is special and diffrent to its NA brothern. The sc motor has a forged crank and extra heavy duity block, harmonic ballancer, heads.

It won't be praticle to insall on you split port 3.8 motor. I would recomend that you get the entire motor though. The heads could be sold off to sc members along with the lower intake manifold. Like I said above the block and crank are special and much stronger than your 3.8 block and crank.

I would recomend that you go with a centrifcal that is offered for your car and possiably build up a forged 3.8 sc block for when your stock block lets go.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
save your money up and pick up the procharger or vortech kit and run one of those on your stock engine.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
in order to put the sc on your split-port motor, you would need to use the sc heads as well (Unless you spent big bucks on a custom lower intake manifold. And by the time you got rid of your split-port heads, which have bigger valves and breath WAY better than single-ports, you'd only be 25hp higher. I'd look into a centrifugal supercharger as well.
-Thomas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts