TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not happy. I am not happy at all.

Last night I parked it on the street about 50 ft away from my house. Today it is no longer there. Towing company does not know anything. Police just came and took the statement.

The car just came from the Ford dealership a few days ago and I was planning to take it back because they did a pretty *****ty job for over $1300 dollars. I am almost suspecting them. It seems way too convinient. They (or someone who works there) could have easily made a key replica or written down the keypad combination.

As before I am not happy at all. That is one way of putting it.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Sorry to here about it. There doesn't seem to be much point in asking if you had an alarm, how about insurance?

So what does it being 50' away from your house have to do with anything? Is there a magical safe distance or something that these thieves disrespected when they stole it?

btw consider a kill switch on your next car...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Terrible. All the more reason "Dante's Inferno" should be required elementary school reading.

I sure hope you can get her back undamaged.

John

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Southpaw said:
So what does it being 50' away from your house have to do with anything? Is there a magical safe distance or something that these thieves disrespected when they stole it?
I'm pretty sure that's the last thing he wants to hear...
He's pissed off, it's the fact that it was SO close to his house, if he had been looking out the window, or woke up to get something to eat, he might have been able to scare them off, or at least call the cops.

OBVIOUSLY, if the car was parked at a family member's house, or in a different STATE, at a DEALERSHIP, on the SIDE of the road... it would have a different impact.
So yeah, it being 50ft from his house has something to do, it hurts more.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I really do hope I get my car back instead of some insulting check for maybe $1,000 dollars from the insurace company. I do have full insurance.

I am suspecting the Ford dealership, because they had access to the key and the keypad. The car was stolen 3 days after I got it back. One perculiar thing that I noticed is that my power antenna was working. The thing has not worked in 4 years and it worked once I got it back. Dealership made no note of doing any work on it. A mate of mine who has a car shop told me that that part is no longer made and that he couldn't fix it. So why would the dealership do it and not even charge it?

I almost believe that someone liked that car at the dealer and decided to steal it. They fixed my oil leak, however they did not fix my idle problem. Not sure if the mechanic knew that or not.

Do you guys think I am off base? I would like to know opinions.

If it was for a joy ride... There was a Camaro parked about 4-5 cars down from me. There are BMWs and Lexuses parked in that area as well. So why my T-Bird? Personal vendetta?

So on Tuesday I spent $1350 dollars on repairs. A year ago, $2000 on a tranny rebuild and about $1100 for hit and run damage. About $550 went on my tires. So that's about $5000. Do you think I can get that much from my insurace company? I have all the reciepts.

I spent a lot of time looking for it today around my area. Nothing. I saw one green T-Bird, my heart raced, but then I saw it wasn't mine. Pretty f'n ****ty feeling I gotta say. More time passes, the more angry I'm getting. I really liked my car a lot and I was planning to keep it even if I did get a 2nd one.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Not trying to make matters worse, but I doubt you'll get that much out of the ins. company, even w/ receipts. If it was a clean, lower mileage bird, you may see $3,500-4K or so. Unfortunately these things don't hold value too well and there were a ton of them made. They'll probably take into consideration the new trans. and body work from the hit and run, but doubt the recent repairs and tires. Probably see those as normal maint.

Jay

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Sorry about your loss.

Details my friend. I'd assume that your talking about your 1995 Tbird. Tell us all about your car, color, license plate number, any other distinguishing characteristic. Including where in the US you live - city and state will suffice. May be some of us in your area can keep an eye out for your car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're right, I didn't even think about it. Here's a picture of the car:

It is a green 1995 LX, V8. Beige interior. Totoally stock.

Lisence plate: YMZ-3185. Virginia plates. I live in Alexandria, VA, right around Washington DC.

As you can see in the picture, it has a big "The Union Underground" sticker on the hood. Gonna be hard to peal that sucker off. It has a black "Slash" silluete sticker on the trunk, right of the keyhole.

There is about 1-1.5 inch big paint chip on the rear bumper, driver side. Sight for sore eyes on a freshly painted bumper. Some old lady gave me a love tap few months ago.

On the drivers side front fender I have the V8 badge. On the passanger side, it is missing.

In the driver side rear window I have a "Northern Virginia Community College" sticker. I also have a little red sticker saying "EFV".

Over my rear view mirror there is a "George Washington University" sticker - greenish. Also going to be a ***** to remove.

My rear lisence plate has a chrome / silver border around it. You can spot it from far away.

If you spot this car, please call the police. I really hope someone sees it. In my area there isn't a lot of T-Birds. Maybe I see one other one every 2 days or so. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
That sounds more productive then obsessing that it's one of your dealers mechanics who's stolen it. I mean why else would they fix stuff on your car, stuff that your mate knows full well is un-repairable at this point, unless they intended to come back 3 days later and steal it!? Didn't you just say spent $1350 with them on an 11~12 yr old tbird? I don't think they needed to actually steal your car to rob they you did they? ;)

johnnyx said:
I am suspecting the Ford dealership, because they had access to the key and the keypad. The car was stolen 3 days after I got it back. One perculiar thing that I noticed is that my power antenna was working. The thing has not worked in 4 years and it worked once I got it back. Dealership made no note of doing any work on it. A mate of mine who has a car shop told me that that part is no longer made and that he couldn't fix it. So why would the dealership do it and not even charge it?

If it was for a joy ride... There was a Camaro parked about 4-5 cars down from me. There are BMWs and Lexuses parked in that area as well. So why my T-Bird? Personal vendetta?
Personal vendetta!? Damned man what do you go around doing to people that you think they're out to get you?

Maybe it's just an easily stolen POS Ford that's why? Maybe they thought they were doing you a favor, I mean it's just an old POS? Maybe he likes F-body guys, besides that Camaro down the street probably has an alarm and kill switch on it. He didn't want to trouble the BMW or Lexus guys, and besides they have factory alarms anyway not to mention a chipped key to get around. To much hassle. Your old tbird on the other hand was a push over, just what he needed for a drive home on a cold night. He drove off with it while it was parked 50 feet away. No PATS key, no alarm to defeat, no kill switch to hunt down, no dog barking... etc.

Hmmm 50 feet, and people complain that the range of most two-way remote alarms is next to useless. :( If you get it back consider putting a compustar two-way remote alarm in it. Great range and you can pick them up for $200-250 on ebay if you install it yourself.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
It's very unfortunate that your T-bird was stolen. I would be just as angry if it happened to me.
It's also unfortunate that members of this forum are trying to tear down your thoughts and school you on what they think you did wrong. Just ignore it...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Car is recovered.

Today after talking with about 8 different people I managed to figure out that car was impounded in Maryland. The ignition has been ripped out, it was started with a screwdriver.

Little pieces of **** tore up my interior. The moonroof controls, the back lighting and other things. No reason to do it. The jacked my CD-car kit and my music CDs. Left the owners manual after promptly ripping up its cover.

They smoked the **** out of the car. Everything is covered in cigarettes. They actually left a pack of almost full cigs in the car as well.

I had it towed to the dealer. They will asses the damage.

I think the car just ran of gas and they abandoned it. Seems like a couple teenagers. No body damage. I am going to see about the engine / tranny tommorow.

At least it's back............ Will update more later.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Nasty. Hope the motor's okay. At least glad you got it back.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
that's cool. The damage sucks but at least the body is straight. Ignition and trim can be replaced and you'd never know the difference had you not gone through the grief of having to fix it up. Hopefully they didn't beat the crap out of it mechanically.

I take it your over the crazy pissed off thoughts of it being the dealers employees or a personal vendetta? Sorry if my comments seemed harsh, you just seemed to be going a bit crazy there with your thoughts about motive/who did it. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well hey it turned out pretty well it looks like. I'm happy you got the thing back and hopefully insurance will cover the damage.

Too bad there are so many disrespectful people in the world that think they can take whatever they want whenever they want it.

John

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That's great news (considering the alternative). At least the body is ok. As far as the int. goes, I'm sure you can find those parts either in a yard or from a fellow member here. Get a new ign. switch/tumbler and you're good to go.

As far as the smoke smell, I'd treat it to a professional detail. I've seen those guys get all kinds of things out of interiors.

I would assume if they tried to dog it that the rev limiter kicked in and saved the motor/drivetrain before any damage was done. Although it prob. wouldn't hurt to change the fluids just in case. I'd bet that your insurance will cover it since it's not too badly damaged (e.g.- no deployed airbags, etc...) and you'll have it back together sooner than you think. And maybe a little $ left for an alarm or kill switch.

Jay

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
invest in a well hidden kill switch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts