TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend wanted to know:

quick question do the Headlight upgrade for the Bird lamps come with the bolts and everything you need just to take out the old ones and put the new ones on?

93 bird headlights onto 93 cougar

·
Registered
250 Posts
you will prb. need some of the clips that hold the lights in....they break sometimes when you remove them.....you should have a special tool to remove the clips but with a little love needle nose pliers will work.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what exactly does he need to replace? He's putting some 91-93 T-Bird headlights on a 93 Cougar. He just has to replace the bumper, headlights and hood, right?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
maybe the header panel, not sure how they connect.

He will have to re-use his adjuster screws and mounting pegs as those do not come with the headlights.

·
Registered
250 Posts
yes actually they do come with the new lights...i just bought some for myself...i just had to get new clips.
Are you aware that these are not a direct replacement and you will be needing to replace the hood and header panel with one from a thunderbird?...the bumper is the only thing that you may be able to keep but im not sure on that.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Alright I'm pretty sure the Cougar and T-Bird shared the same lights until '93. All the headlights on all 3 of my Cougars are the same. And you won't need to worry about a T-Bird hood.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
TurboCat said:
Alright I'm pretty sure the Cougar and T-Bird shared the same lights until '93. All the headlights on all 3 of my Cougars are the same. And you won't need to worry about a T-Bird hood.
Um... no.. not even close. :D

The only year the T-Bird and Coug shared the same headlights was 96-97.

91+cougars have the inner parking lamp. The Thunderbird kept the inside as the brights until 94.

89-93 Thunderbirds had the exact same lights.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
I thought the inside lights on them things were parking lights too! I had no idea. So the T-Bird uses a 4 headlight bulb system?! Shows how much I know about them Thunderbirds, at least it's the same general shape.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Except Cougars are squared and Thunderbirds are tapered.

In 94 the Thunderbird switched to the inner parking lamp style.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Why would your friend wanna swap headlights and bumpers. Personally I think the 93 cat front end is much better looking than the 93 bird front end. If anything, he should throw in the 94 bird onto his 93 cat. He's gonna need a hood from a tbird too though.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He wants a 93 Bird hood and a body kit. I have some lights that are cheaper than buying from Ford, if he wants to buy mine. He's got a page at www.cardomain.com/id/robxr7

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
He will also need wiring harnesses since it's a 4 bulb system..

·
Registered
100 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
maybe the header panel, not sure how they connect.

He will have to re-use his adjuster screws and mounting pegs as those do not come with the headlights.

Actually, the header panels interchange. I broke the one on my '90 Tbird about 2 weeks ago, and had a spare from an '89 cougar I parted out so I figured that I would try it before I went out and bought one. Geez, I was surprised when it was a direct fit! :D I was just worried about the headlamps causing a problem with the different style shapes, but they mounted right up with no sweat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts