TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man do I hate the snow...

Anyway, this is what I've got so far, though by tomorrow afternoon we're supposed to have 1-2 feet of snow. I was gonna take a pic of my dog in it to show how deep it was, but she wouldn't cooperate...

Nick (blown306couger) came up for a visit and I learned the REAL reason he has so much power in his car... so he doesn't have to shovel it out when it gets plowed in ;)

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Crystal,

If it makes you feel better (prolly won't) but, up here in Kodiak, Alaska, we have had a TOTAL of 4 inches of the fluffy stuff, so I DO feel your pain (Last year we got 3.5 ft dumped over night), the good thing though, I have my babies parked in a garage...Nicely warmed to 65 degrees :) So when the snow does come, no need for cleaning the cars off :) Anyway, just figured I'd let ya know how we are doing up here in the GREAT north :p

Shane and Heather

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dayum! Send some of that this way! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas! (and have been for the last 30 odd years!!!!!!!)

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Crystal,

My wife says thanks for the snow pictures! It's hard to get into the holiday spirit
when it's warm all the time - although we are supposed to his the high 30s to low 40s tonight! brrrrr!

·
Registered
970 Posts
woah.....

I thought it was bad when I had to clean the 3" off of my explorer yesterday......

eek.....

I actually wouldn't mind some of that...so If You'd please send some back west...I'd appreciate it. I'd really like to go snowmobiling over christmas break....

-jw

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Im supposed to drive from Maine to NY either today or tomorrow but I think I am gonna wait it out til Monday. Everytime I look at the weather they keep saying more and more is supposed to come.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Snow? What snow? I don't have any snow.

Actualy, it did get pretty cold today. When we were at the beach, we got out of the water and were freezing out asses of. Then we got some BBQ ribs and chicken and that warmed us up. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
We received about 12" of snow here so far, with more forecast overnight.

Cocoa Beach, FL, is looking pretty good at this point. Just might have to move down there.

·
8,239 Posts
there is no snow on the ground here, but everything is frozen solid. The front yard is like solid rock.

Lots of salt on the road, and not a flake to be found.

I count down the days until next December when I move somewhere that is warm all the time.

JH

·
Registered
663 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
Snow? What snow? I don't have any snow.

Actualy, it did get pretty cold today. When we were at the beach, we got out of the water and were freezing out asses of. Then we got some BBQ ribs and chicken and that warmed us up. :cool:
Lucky so and so! It was only in the 40's here today... :( I *might* be coming down your way closer to Christmas to visit my brother. He lives in Delray Beach.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I'm happy to report that we are only supposed to get down to 50 degrees tonight
and be back up to 80 and sunny by tuesday.

We're thinking warm thoughts for all of you up in the cold and snow.
Now where did I put my sunscreen:cool:

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
thats how my car looks too, i'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

Frank

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
::Crosses Mass. off of list of places to live::

:D

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
We got 9 inches in the past 2 days so it sucks, I feel your pain crystal. Just for fun, here's a pic I took after carving out a mach1 hood from winter of last year. hehe.

-Thomas

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Josh_Keady said:
::Crosses Mass. off of list of places to live::

:D
Yeah, cross off Connecticut, too.

I spent an hour yesterday shoveling my driveway, and I wake up this morning to find that I shouldn't have wasted my time... looks like I didn't even do it.

--Molly

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well these were taken at 8 am today, it snowed all night and is supposed to snow all day. I kinda got stuck in a 35" deep snow drift, mind you, that's waist level for me. My poor dog doesn't even want to go out to use the bathroom anymore :(

And a view from above taken out my window (sorry for all the lines, the screen was frozen shut)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, the outlook on the battle is about the same up here Crystal. Here's my contribution to the agony of car-lovers everywhere;

There's my poor car, with dad mercilessly assaulting it with a barrage of blown snow.

These were taken at about 8:15 this morning, while we were out shoveling.

-Nate B

1 - 20 of 47 Posts