TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking for a new phone for myself. I want to be able to use AOL instant messenger 24/7 and still make calls.. This thing seems to meet my needs and I was just wondering if anyone out there has one??? And what they think of it??

Mike

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
just remember that T-Mobile is a GSM network phone, and the GSM coverage is near what typical digital or analog is, and GSM cant use regular digital or analog signals, unless the phone is a multiband. if you travel away from the city often, it might not be such a good choice. -greg

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I wont be using it as a phone that much tho. All I really want it for is the AIM and email.. Thanks tho, the tips were helpfull.

Mike

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
If you stay near an intersate or city you'll have no troubl with GSM. Coverage is getting better as Cingular and ATT switch to GSM from TDMA.

·
Registered
571 Posts
GSM I think is better. I have t-mobile and my husband works for them. You can make calls from anywhere across the US and it's used as a local call when others, you go outside your coverage area, and you roam and pay a fortune on long distance calls. Mike...the sidekick is definally a good buy for what you want to use it for. I've used it before and I think it's pretty cool.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts