Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do a 5 speed conversion?

T45 5 speed transmission pulled from a 1996 Mustang with 158K on the odometer, but the transmission is marked as rebuilt. Good flywheel and fresh clutch/pressure plate with very little wear on it.

31 spline output shaft. Trans is rated for 325 ft-lbs of torque at the input. This is the 1986 (F6Z.... on the tag) version if you want to verify this number as being correct.

"Added strength comes from a 31 spline main shaft and front loading case. The T-45's design is very much like the T-56 six speed transmissions. In fact the T-45 and T-56 share many of the same parts. It has single rail gear selector and carbon lined steel synchro rings making it a smooth shifting transmission at high rpm's. The gears are larger and stronger then a T-5." Modern Driveline post.

Comes with trans, flywheel, clutch disc pressure plate, t/o bearing, t/o fork, engine plate, special T45 wiring harness, standard shifter, rear mount, cross member and any nuts and bolts that I removed.

I do not have the yoke. You can reuse your starter.

This will not fit a 5.0, only a 4.6 or 5.4.

What does it need? Shifter knob, yoke, fresh fluid, and I would replace the T/O bearing just because.... (You may need a new pilot bearing for your crankshaft)

$550 plus shipping. Parts are located in Northern CA, San Jose/Santa Clara.

Can provide pictures. Please ask.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking to do a 5 speed conversion?

T45 5 speed transmission pulled from a 1996 Mustang with 158K on the odometer, but the transmission is marked as rebuilt. Good flywheel and fresh clutch/pressure plate with very little wear on it.

31 spline output shaft. Trans is rated for 325 ft-lbs of torque at the input. This is the 1986 (F6Z.... on the tag) version if you want to verify this number as being correct.

"Added strength comes from a 31 spline main shaft and front loading case. The T-45's design is very much like the T-56 six speed transmissions. In fact the T-45 and T-56 share many of the same parts. It has single rail gear selector and carbon lined steel synchro rings making it a smooth shifting transmission at high rpm's. The gears are larger and stronger then a T-5." Modern Driveline post.

Comes with trans, flywheel, clutch disc pressure plate, t/o bearing, t/o fork, engine plate, special T45 wiring harness, standard shifter, rear mount, cross member and any nuts and bolts that I removed.

I do not have the yoke. You can reuse your starter.

This will not fit a 5.0, only a 4.6 or 5.4.

What does it need? Shifter knob, yoke, fresh fluid, and I would replace the T/O bearing just because.... (You may need a new pilot bearing for your crankshaft)

$550 plus shipping. Parts are located in Northern CA, San Jose/Santa Clara.

Can provide pictures. Please ask.

Steve
Hi Steve, do you still have the trans ?

·
Super Moderator
13,156 Posts
The way they redesigned the site promotes necroposting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.