TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm putting a Viper 5900 alarm in my car, and am looking for a good place to get a tach signal from. On the site where I get my wire codes, it tells me that the tach wire would be at the Ignition Control Module (ICM), pin #12, and a tan/yellow wire. I problem is I believe since my car is a 1997 4.6L, that I don't have a seperate ICM, it's like built-in to the PCM or the PCM controls it, right? I do see a wire off the PCM, that's tan/yellow, would that be the appropriate wire to use? If not, could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
5,650 Posts
This isn't engine related, so off to General Tech it goes.

The wire you need is White/Pink. It goes straight from the PCM to the cluster (you're right, you don't have an ICM). It is pin #48 on the PCM connector if that helps any, but you can easily get to it from behind the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This isn't engine related, so off to General Tech it goes.

The wire you need is White/Pink. It goes straight from the PCM to the cluster (you're right, you don't have an ICM). It is pin #48 on the PCM connector if that helps any, but you can easily get to it from behind the instrument cluster.
My apologies for the category mix up. Thanks for the help, I will look for the wire behind the instrument cluster. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts