TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have opinions on these trucks...or owned one...i was looking for a good trucky 4wd that doesnt suck to much gas....that ones listed as 18 and 23 so im very intersted in it....should i shoot for buying one once summer comes around and i get a 2nd vehicle to take many miles off my bird?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not sure about the tacoma, but my 1985 toyota PU gets about 31mpg on the highway. It has a 2.4L 22R engine w/189k and a 5 spd. It has plenty of pep for me too. I am hoping to get about 300-400k miles before a rebuild.

·
8,239 Posts
there is no point to buying a 4 cylinder truck unless you don't plan on hauling anything or towing anything.

JH

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well, most people that buy new trucks haul nothing but the armor all on the bedliner anyways. I won't even begin to tell you what all I have hauled in my 4cyl pickup truck.

RT

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want mpg...not as much hauling vs mpg...i havent ever encoutered a time when i needed to haul over 2000lbs....and i didnt even need to do that at one time...does anyone have a 4 cylinder 4wd tacoma?...or heard about them?...im j/w becuase i was told they are fine matince wise and i want a snow worthy vehicle that doesnt get 10-16 mpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts