TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I didn't know if anyone has had this issue, because I couldn't find a thread on it...The bird me and my wife bought has developed a problem...Both the tail running lights have gone out completely, but not the reverse lights, or blinkers. Also the interior dash lights (gauges) quit working at the same time. We checked all the fuses, and none are blown...any ideas?

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
Do you have headlights? I had a problem with mine (headlights and dash lights) and it was the headlight switch.

The multifunction switch can mess up a few things too when it goes bad, might want to look into that.

Joe

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Did you check ALL the fuses (including those under the hood)?

I'd suspect the multi-function switch. Quite a few connections in that turn signal lever that cause lots of goofy issues when it goes bad. Motorcraft are still available on Rock Auto, and they tend to last about 20 years or so...

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All fuses in kick panel and under hood are good. Any way to check the switch besides replacing it? Don't think I can get one tomorrow, and I'm only in town Saturday and part of Sunday every weekend to work on it... I'll check the auto parts store for a switch tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
All fuses in kick panel and under hood are good. Any way to check the switch besides replacing it? Don't think I can get one tomorrow, and I'm only in town Saturday and part of Sunday every weekend to work on it... I'll check the auto parts store for a switch tomorrow.
I haven't had good luck overall with parts store electronics. I'd say order a genuine Motorcraft unit from Rock Auto, and it'll be there for you to work on next weekend. It's a $35 part, easy to change, and the first step in troubleshooting goofy lighting issues.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Isn't the switch for the autolight setup different than non auto units? I've a salvage yard switch, but I'm not sure it's an auto or non auto unit.
How to tell?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Isn't the switch for the autolight setup different than non auto units? I've a salvage yard switch, but I'm not sure it's an auto or non auto unit.
How to tell?
The switch itself is the same, the auto lamps have an extra part that plugs in I believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts