TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thoughts exactly. That front end looks like crap.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I am totally diggin that cobra bumper. From far away it looks like a good fit. I wanna see what kinda mods had to be done to do it! I just texted the guy to see if he can get back with me with an intelligent response. Seems to me like it won't meet the headlights properly, but maybe fiberglassing the 96+ top to a cobra bumper might be doable. I am excited for the prospects of his, especially since I am doing paint soon!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The intention is good. But the execution leaves something to be desired. Ive thought about this before and I beleive Ice or someone did a shop. I would love it if it was finished

·
Super Moderator
16,822 Posts
All that's really attractive or distinctive with those bumpers are the round fog lights, which would look way better grafted to an MN12 bumper than the whole thing. Its way too blunt, it doesn't match the rest of the car at all, it probably flops around in the wind like crazy, overheats due to the blocked off bumper vents and I bet there's a reason the hood is open(no way the hood "beak" overhanging the hacked grille opening is attractive).

Equivelant to an easyrod(only even more poorly executed). I like 96-98 Cobras and I like 49 Fords. That doesn't mean the front ends should be grafted on to everything that vaguely fits.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yeah the lines aren't exactly right, but it looks much more aggressive. He sent me some other pics including where the hood doesn't exactly match and how the headlight corner spots have to be trimmed. I am thinking 03 cobra bumper would look kinda sweet if it could look seamless. Ill have to look at the 99+ ones to remember how squared they may look. He said that one is from a pre 99. Instead of worrying with cowl hood or shaker, I am going to ask my body guy about this

Forgot to mention: looks like a mustang hood center is attached to the top of the bird hood, not my style for sure!

Edit: looks like I'm gonna have to agree with Matt. It makes the most sense to hack apart my 96 bumper and a 03+ bumper considering you would still have to mod the hell out of the mustang one to make it look like a factory fit. Isn't that bigscott's mark that has the 03 bottom and sweet projectors with blacked out headlight housings? I think that is gonna be the way to go!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts