1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
those are made for a stangs engine compartment they most likely will not clear the MN12s towers. Also the down pipes are supose to run off the back of the turbos and run down besides the back of the motor. If you want to go turbo youll have to custom fabricate your own turbo headers or figure out a way to run pipes off the manifolds under the car to the front of the motor. Ive seen a project stang that is using that kit right now. Since you have a 4.6 why not stick with the modular? Use the cash that you would blow on a pushrod and use it on building a custom setup. Its been done a few times but compartment space is limited and there is limited tubular K members available for the MN12s that cost more than there worth. http://www.boostang.comcheck out this link its a custom single setup on a 2v from start to finish

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yo

you jumped ahead of me i was just asking about the turbos i will be doing a remote mount if any thing also i can not get the power that i am looking for out of a stock 4.6 block nor can i get the durability "they dont make um like they use to" thank you for the reply tho... what kinda power at a "SAFE" max do you think i could see form them?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
YOu can not go above 6psi.. If you have a PI, you could go a little higher, but on a non PI, no more than 6. Does are small, it depends on how much you want to make. What are the plans that you have for your fuel, tranny, maf, etc?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
actually the 4.6 is a very strong block in iron form all you need is some froged internals...a cobra crank,rods,forged dished pistons. You should here the stories of the pushrod guys cracking the stock blocks left and right under low boost let alone. When building a custom turbo setup the pushrod guys always put a aftermarket block on the list. The factory iron block has seen some major power levels no problem. Not to mention that some guys are boosting stock PI motor to the 400-450Hp mark!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well a lil list for you so you know what im doing it i will be using a 1974 (98% + thats the year) 351w block with a stock crank forged rods and pistons and i will be set up for e85 with a 650 to 750 carb some other things that i have figured out is i will be looking to be around.... 650 700hp's.. i will also have all the other supporting goodies like the griddles and drilled and taped for a 4bolt main... ummmm and all siting on a bulletproof c6 with a reverse manual valve body. soo i got that all for the most part set i was just wondering what these lil guys would put out for a steady flow of power.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Get bigger turbos then, you will max does one really fast. Get some master power, or two T70, depends, but does turbos you will max out real fast. It also depends on how much you want to spend too. But like I said, I would suggest bigger turbos

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Are you planning on driving this thing on the street? I can only imagine the horror of trying to tune the car when it is completed. I'm guessing that if you are toying with different mounting locations (like remote) that you are going to do a blow through system. If you are doing a remote why waste the time and energy messing with 2 turbos when 1 would be more than enough. You are (if remote mounting) increasing the intake piping volume to the point that there would be no appreciable benefit from using a pair in comparison to using 1 correctly sized unit (like a turbonetics 62-1 with a .68 or a .81 ar depending on how serious you want to be) and if you are going to make serious boost you better be planning to intercool it somehow (more piping, more lag and more intense designing).

Just wait until you see how much fun you can have with variable pressure regulator and a carb stuffed inside a box that you really cant adjust easily. Been there, got the tee-shirt and swore to never go there again. Cars made that way have a notoriously bad history (need I say anything more than biturbo) whereas identically created versions with the addition of fuel injected are can be dossal when wanted and insane when needed (I think the gn is a good example).

These are just a few thought from someone who has wandered down that lonely highway of turbocharging stuff. I am happy to say that we will be hearing of another turbo’d bird sometime in the not too distant future (as if it isn’t fast enough already) but i have been sworn to secrecy until its debut.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
crayonbreaker said:
you jumped ahead of me i was just asking about the turbos i will be doing a remote mount if any thing also i can not get the power that i am looking for out of a stock 4.6 block nor can i get the durability "they dont make um like they use to" thank you for the reply tho... what kinda power at a "SAFE" max do you think i could see form them?
No reason to do remote mount if your switching to a 351. For the power level your after a single T70 will be plenty.

David

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
woa... 780 bucks shipped.

that sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but i dont really know, im sure the piping and all would be several hundred more, but that sounds like it could work for less than 1500 to me...

is that worth doing? it says 5.0, but what about 4.6?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
musto said:
woa... 780 bucks shipped.

that sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but i dont really know, im sure the piping and all would be several hundred more, but that sounds like it could work for less than 1500 to me...

is that worth doing? it says 5.0, but what about 4.6?

No.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts