TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've got 20 Canadian geese blocking our parking lot exit.

Just thought I'd post about it. :tongue:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I hear they taste like chicken.... :zdevil:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll find out soon. There are so many that are just sticking around Raleigh they are trying to make them always in season.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
We've got 20 Canadian geese blocking our parking lot exit.

Just thought I'd post about it. :tongue:
whatsa matta? car not fast enuf to run 'em all down?!?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not legal to right now or else I would, they just stand there and look at you.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Haha.. the seagulls at Oakland Beach do that.. they crowd the whole parking lot, and don't move until you show them you're not f*ckin around! :D I think there's this one guy who picks up carcasses occasionally from people running them down. Ballsy SOB's they are..

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Being in VT we see them spring and fall, but we are neither north enough nor south enough for them to stay during summer/winter.

Did have one land in our yard, it waddled around, we fed it some bread and then let our dog chase after it. :uppoint:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are usually here all winter. But the past couple years more and more of them are just staying here.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
fast Ed N said:
The first wave of the invasion ... ;) :tongue:
cheers,
Ed N.
(greetings from Soviet Canuckistan)
We The People of the great state of Florida are more than a little experienced in the effects
of the ‘Northern Migration/Invasion’(2 legged).
:eek:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tbirdbrain said:

We The People of the great state of Florida are more than a little experienced in the effects
of the ‘Northern Migration/Invasion’(2 legged).
:eek:
You and New Orleans both. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
You can tell when ‘they’ are on the way. Restaurants begin by removing all salt/pepper shakers,
good silverware and condiments from their tables.

This is quickly followed by an across the board increase of the cost of everything on the menus
(due to the ‘missing’ tips).

Which coincides with a rash of telephone book thefts (allows adequate height when driving their car).

At the same time the aggregate speeds on Florida roads fall to at least 20mph below posted limits!

The reduction in road speeds at least allow for some to avoid the dreaded left hand
turn from the right hand lane.

Sounds like fun, eh

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
LOL, I feel sorry for you Floridians.

For the few times I was down there, even I was pissed off at all the blue-haired Ontarioians driving around.

As for the geese - they're FUN to chase around! One of the gravel pits I pick up at has hundreds of the dumb birds around, myself and the other dump truck drivers have a blast terrorizing them :diablo:.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
canadian geese don't move for anybody. they're a major PITA in cleveland since canda is right over the lake. i think a long time ago they were nicknamed "the shi**ing machines" by some pople up there.

god i hate those things.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GreenBird said:
Am I the first to notice?
No, they've been flashing for at least a couple months.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Might not want to piss them off either, they have bad tempers and they car bite pretty good, the little buggers use to bite me all the time while I was golfing

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Never noticed that either, looks good Ed, love that car of yours :).

Hey KingGhost, if you're holding a club in your hands, how is it that a goose got close enough to bite ya?

And who says they don't move - haven't seen a smushed one yet at the pit. Not that we aren't trying :D.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts