TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd relate a short story about my Bird's. Maybe some of you would like to tell a story or can relate!
My current '94 T'bird is the second one I've owned, and is nearly identical to the first. In the year 2000, I was driving a '88 pontiac Grand Am. It was an OK car, got me around, good in the snow with treads, but no class. I always wanted a nice T'bird. So I did some research and made my decision. It was going to be a '94-'95 4.6 V8. It had to have 4-wheel disk brakes with ABS, traction control and a posi rear. I searched all the lots after work and looked for ads in the paper ( I didn't have a pc then). After four months of searching, I nearly gave up. THEN, one day on my way home from work, I was stopped at a light and happened to look across the street. Behind a chain link fence behind a car lot, I saw what looked like a '94-'95 Bird. I spun around and went in. You know how the sales guys hawk you. I went past them all, went to the back of the lot, thru the gate, and there she sat. A white '94 T'bird with a V8 badge! (O.K.). I got out to take a look and saw rotors on the rear! (looking better). I looked in the window to see the traction control button in the console! ( I was in Love!). I finally got a salesrep. to take me for a spin. I hit the throttle and duel black marks appeared. ( SOLD!). God it was dirty, but the most beautiful car I ever saw! It was just traded for a new Lincoln and was not prepped yet. Only 46,000 miles to boot. I took it home!-------------- But, after two weeks of polishing, cleaning and cooing, I had to take her back. The financing was turned down. Booo Hooo!!! I then ended up with a '95 Probe SE, nice car, but not a Bird.. After 8 months, the tranny went and I traded it for a 2000 Performance red Mustang in Jan. 2001 with 1,000 miles on it. Not a T'bird! In March of 2002, got hurt at work and because of workers comp. not paying, lost it in Oct. 2003. Then I got back pay owed to me and the search was on again! Now I have a '94 4.6 V8 T'bird again nearly identical to the first!! Same Performance white, same blue interior. No 4 wheel disk brakes, ABS, or traction control. But it does have a posi, runs just as good if not better than the first with 175,000 miles on it!! And you now what........ I wouldn't trade for the world!!!!!
:D

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
alls well that ends well! :D and at least you know what you want and have what you want, some aren't so lucky. sounds kinda like how happy i am with my 94 cat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts