TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe it.

event 1: Last weekend, my girlfriend calls me from her Explorer, I'm in bed and she's dropping her daughter off at school. She sounds very upset and says she just "tore up" my car. I look sleepily out the window and see nothing. I tell her to relax, I'm sure its nothing. When I go outside the drivers side mirror is gone, and there are scuffs in the paint on the drivers door. Ehh, not happy bout it, but its not really a big deal. I get a mirror from Falcon5783 and a body shop tells me it should buff out. If not, all it needs is paint, no body work. (whew!!) Her insurance company pays for it, I'm cool. (and Nocarlaw if you read this; no I don't bear any grudge, and I still love you! :D)

Event 2: Today I'm at a clients house. My boss calls this morning, gets me out of bed, and says she needs me at the house ASAP. Not wanting to waste time getting the Van I just take my car. I'm still at the clients house this afternoon, when the students mom comes in and tells me [i[she[/i] hit my car! I go out and look at it and just have to laugh. Same side, but this time its the rear quarter that got it. A dent, and some bent metal around the wheel well. They agree to pay for it, just get an estimate. (whew!)

At least it'll only take ONE trip to the body shop. He said he needed to get the paint on the door to match the rear quarter anyway!

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Holy hell! You better just park that puppy in the garage for a few days.

Stay safe,

Josh

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had been any further to the right, I'd have been off the driveway!

In both cases they were backing an SUV (Explorer in the first, and a Nisson Pathfinder in the second) out of a two car, one door garage, and had moved to the right to avoid hitting the door.

I'll get pics today. As I said, the damage isn't bad, just unbelievable how both happened in less than a week.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The week that won't die.

Ok, so on Thursday I'm on my way to see my girlfriend after a hard day at work. on the way I hit a bird. No damage, but gross. Then I get a speeding ticket 75 in a 65, and a warning to change my address to the correct one.

This morning, I'm on my way home and stop for a cappucino. Get back out in the car and it won't start, and the alarm is going nuts. After trying for a while, I call my girlfriend, and she come out to help me jump start the car. When I get home to Parsons, I stop to get gas but leave it running. While I'm getting gas the car dies and the alarm goes nuts. This time I call my boss who comes out to help but it won't start. we push it to the side and I go to work. I have to do the recommendations alone, and the exit meeting. (not that big a deal) A new battery and it seems to be fine. so far.

I so want this week to end.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I guess your "Pain in the a$$" Olympics is coinsiding with the Olympics in Torino. If that's the case, your "Pain in the a$$" events are about to stop on Sunday :) So, Which was your best event? The "Sorry Honey / Mister I hit your car" relay, or the "You better get there asap / speeding ticket" marathon? :tongue: I'm sorry, I just had to ;)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL No problem. Needed a good laugh! Just finished buffing out the damages, and putting the new mirror on. (Just looks funny with a Pearl White mirror on a Royal Blue car but hey, I gotta see!)

As soon as possible I'll have the body shop take out the little dents and she'll be good as new!

Now, about that ticket................

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
damn and i thought i was cursed when it came to people hitting my s-10 that i had before i bought my bird. sorry to hear about your bird. It will come out ok in the end. Take care and keep her flyin.

·
Registered
142 Posts
sounds like what happened to me when my starter went south last summer

at first I thought it was the battery, but the second time I tried to jump it it didn't work

of course mine was periodically stalling because I hadn't driven it for 8 months, so your stalling could actually be the problem

·
Registered
647 Posts
I know what you mean brotha. I got rear-ended in my dads 01' Taurus about a month ago when I was on my way to Boise. $3400.00 worth of damage.

I get back to the Tri-Cities and drive my car the 1st day. I get rear ended in my T-bird (guy was going like not even 5 mph while I was sitting at a red light) puts a scratch on the rear bumper cause of his screws on his plate holder. Didnt do anything about it, nothing serious just a scratch.

Driving around dads Taurus a day later, ALMOST getting rear ended again, the guy just kept coming didnt realize I was sitting at a red light, just kept coming and wouldnt stop. I turned to the right (eventhough I was going straight) and he completely ran right through the red light not paying any attention, and definately would've rear-ended my *** again (car's still not fixed from 1st accident over a month ago) and this one would've been twice as bad as the 1st one, cause the 1st one was a guy sliding on Ice over the pass when I got rear-ended cause traffic was at a complete stop.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Holy crap, man that IS a bad week. Welcome about the mirror, glad everything's working out for you and on the bright side... it's now officially the weekend, whoo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts