TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
waste of money and waste of a body kit

only way they would get that much $$ out of me is if jessica alba and a few of her female friends were included with the purchase

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
thanks, i just blew my breakfast. :zpuke:

·
Registered
789 Posts
For almost 0.0023 seconds i thought, "sweet!" Then I got a cramp in my stomach.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
lol.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Question 1, why pick the Thunderbird to do those abominations?
Question 2, why do that to a V8 car?
Question 3, why try to sell it for 30K?
Question 4, where is the stem part to bite off to peel that thing?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
Those sleazy rods are a plague and should be dealt with as such.
:zwthstpd: no kidding,

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Not another Easy Rods atrocity... I love how everyone who tries selling theirs bills it as a "one of a kind hot rod."

First of all, it's not one of a kind. More like one of ten thousand.

Second, if it's such a great car, why are you selling the ugly pile?

It was neat the first time I saw one in Hot Rod Magazine...for about two seconds. At least that one was built from a Super Coupe.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
well if he gets what he's asking for it thats alot of profit you know. like me i bought my bird for 600.00 if i bought a 3,000 dollar kit for it and bolted it on painted the whole car and sold it for 10,000 as a "one of a kind" to someone who dont know jack sh*t about mn12's im doin pretty good. thats what he's figureing. you can pick up a 93 cheap anywhere and sell it for a ton with a little work and someone will proudly drive it and think they got something special. there is one of those running around decatur here. the licence plate says "maybe49" if you go to the easy rods site it is a flat black with flames up the front. and you will see the plate. but i know it was a newer thunderbird cuz i was sitting right next to it at a stop light and saw inside and i know the interior of a 93 really well :D

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
the mileage is almost as scary as the bodykit..

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I have to say, it's ugly and hideous, yes. However, it is one of the nicest interpretations of a sleazyrod. The fiberglass front & rear molded bumpers look a whole lot better than those horrid ribbed metal ones that people install. The fake sidepipes are horrible, why not just go with real side pipes? The paint is.....well, I have an orange stang, so I guess I can't say anything about the paint. It's not bad when compred to some other sleazyrods I've seen, but it is still horrible.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
What I don't get is that these guys put $3k into the kit, another $3k - 5k on the paint and custom work, then put nasty white wall 15" tires on them.

I'd love to see one lowered with some 17's or18's on it. Tinted windows. Decent motor under the hood. Lumpy cam(s). THEN, it'd be kinda worth lookin at. But don't throw all that stuff on a stock car and let it go. That's just wrong.

:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts