TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
----- Original Message -----
To: Marty Pate ; Leland Adams ; Paul Riedel ; Scott Riedel ; Russell Jones ; Russ Jenkins ; Lisa & BJ Simpson ; Kenny Pate
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 1:22 PM
Subject: FW: Where NOT To Spend Those Xmas Bucks!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lambert, Craig E. LTC 111 EN GP [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 5:13 AM
To: Amanda Mullins (E-mail); Bridget Shumate (E-mail); Chris Hamon (E-mail); Chris Selvey (E-mail); CW Lambert (E-mail); dave Davison (E-mail); Gary Johnson (E-mail); Harold Jones (E-mail); Jammie Headley (E-mail); Jeff Talley (E-mail); Jennifer Lambert (E-mail); Jim McCroskey (E-mail); John Lendrum (E-mail); Kent Williams (E-mail); Kevin Clark (E-mail); Lance Frederick (E-mail); Michael L LTC Todorovich (E-mail); Randy Lambert (E-mail); Ronald LTC Scarbro (E-mail); Tom Cook (E-mail); Tom Kesler (E-mail); Tom Scites (E-mail)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 9:45 AM
To: 111 EN GP ALL

Target Sucks

by Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association

Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponser of the
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event. We received the following reply from the local TARGET management:

"Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."
So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong ath this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsershp for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U,S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy. Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for "toys for Tots" at any of their stores, and during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET IS A FRENCH-OWNED CORPORATION!
Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support AMERICAN VETERANS,then why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard earned American Dollars and to have their profits sent to FRance. Without the American Vets, where would France be today??? Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.

Sincerely,

Dick Forrey
Veterans helping Veterans

NOT THE WAY I WOULD HANLE PR.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huh, how'd you find out all that info? this was just an email forwarded to me, so i assumed it was true. my bad.

·
Registered
313 Posts
By the way.. any e-mail that claims someone is "tracking" it is false as well.. ( Big S&^t Company is tracking and will donate 1 million dollars to the
Save The Snails Foundation for every person that forwards this e-mail) there is no way to track e-mail without using a script or bug, which most virus scanners and operating system defaults won't allow anyway. You can however SOMETIMES pinpoint the origin of an email through header information.. but there is no reliable way to count the number of times it's been forwarded or bounced..

:edit: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/billgate.asp

·
Registered
220 Posts
NOOOOO not that e-mail!!!!!!!!

I work for Target corp and one of my MAIN duties there is dealing and responding to our guests who inquire about this e-mail. If anybody would like the Target response on it, e-mail target corp at:

[email protected]

Hey look, you got the "new" version of it too. We began noticing those about 3 weeks ago. Somebody of course modified it once again. There has been a lot of people who modified that e-mail. If anyone has any questions about it, I would be more than happy to explain any specific points you may have, so just shoot me a PM or ask on here. Also, for more info, target has put some info on their Web site. The snopes info is really old and contains our old response and doesn't explain the reservist benefits very well last time I checked it out. Once again, that was put in there by someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

http://target.com/common/page.jhtml;jsessionid=XDV4LJD4DGTZZLARAAVGW4FMCEACW1IX?content=target_cg_bulletin

·
Registered
726 Posts
Ahh yes, the great wal-mart that gets most of its products from slave labor in China.
What, you mean where everyone else gets it? God forbid.
Evil, evil wal-mart. :rolleyes:
It was a joke, by the way.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmm....target anti-gun and hunting?

As most buisnesses are chosing to post "Guns not allowed on these premises" under the new Conceal Carry law, Target is not.

We chose not to carry guns and hunting equipment for buisness reasons. First they are not profitable for a large corporation. Second, Wal-mart only carries them to throw small buisnesses out of buisness. That is Wal-Marts ultimate goal.....to rule the world.

just my thoughts on the idea. Yes I know, I work for Target Corporate so I must defend as I am happy here. Even before I started working for them, I did not like Wal-Mart for reasons such as what I have pointed out above. I would prefer Target's philosophy and I respect that.

·
Registered
726 Posts
We chose not to carry guns and hunting equipment for buisness reasons. First they are not profitable for a large corporation. Second, Wal-mart only carries them to throw small buisnesses out of buisness. That is Wal-Marts ultimate goal.....to rule the world.
Um, do you know how much business the sporting goods dept does at my wal-mart? Quite a friggin lot. And its not done selling footballs and basketballs. How can you say that its not profitable? There are entire companys devoted to hunting/fishing/etc (eg gander mountain, fin and feather, etc).
I can respect where you work, where you shop, etc cause I honestly don't care. But when you start making stuff up, well...
Now, sure, you may hear some stuff about wal-mart (like the hiring illegals) but wal-mart has treated me well so far, and for once in my working career, I actually like working there.

Once again, evil, evil wal-mart :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm done now. Its like beating a dead horse.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Zero said:
Hmm....target anti-gun and hunting?

As most buisnesses are chosing to post "Guns not allowed on these premises" under the new Conceal Carry law, Target is not.
AMAZING! I will give them credit for that.

Zero said:

just my thoughts on the idea.
I never thought they refused to sell that stuff for business reasons, and it is a possibility.

But the lack of toy guns, real guns, ammunition, hunting equipment, etc. has made me quite suspicious. These are important things to Minnesota, and it's big business. If they're not selling it I think they don't like the idea of guns. Fishing they have no problem with though.

The liberals either run the place or they're in cahoots with Target.

I only go there to buy a CD, cheap, and uncensored.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Wal Mart=annoying/sucks and what's up with all the rednecks?

K-Mart=Again, penutbutterwhitetrashtime...well, they'll be gone soon anyway

Target...well I dont mind them, but they do annoy me on some level...interestingly it's the only place I will buy clothing (since I just LOVE going shopping for clothes:rolleyes: ) all the above mentioned stores bother me...ever hear that song by alan jackson about big business shutting down small business....uh, yeah, that's why I dont like stores like that....buuuut that's how the world is & is gonna be, so I guess we have to just live with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts