TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put mine on a few years ago after seeing it done on the so-called SVT Thunderbird that is in the magazine article that is floating around somewhere. I don't think I saw any others at that time but recently there seems to be more talk of the Taurus spoilers on T-birds. I just wanted to see a "show of hands" as to how many are out there now. Post 'em if you got 'em:

·
TSTaCC President
885 Posts
Wolfer has one on each of his cars. He deleted out and smoother over the LED light however. I will get him to post up some pics.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Guys,
What year(s) Taurus spoilers will fit? I really like the way they look, and would like to hunt one up for my '92. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
92 Sport said:
Guys,
What year(s) Taurus spoilers will fit? I really like the way they look, and would like to hunt one up for my '92. Thanks.:)
IIRC, the first and second generation Taurus spoilers are the same. I believe that is 1986-1995.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello,
If my local junk yard would have one that wasn't broken, my car would have one by now. I just keep looking and waiting for that half price day spoiler. :)
Later,
Nick

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
How about Cougars? I haven't mounted it yet, still debating on how it will look, I have seen one other Cougar with it and I really couldn't tell from pictures because it was really white and shiney and seemed to flow pretty well.

This is it just sitting on the car, on the studs, so it wouldn't even really look like this...I still don't know if I like it or not. I want to put on a spoiler, but don't want to make this car look like my 97 and have Bopsy twins.

The car now has the 7 spoke Sport/XR7 SC wheels, and if I get the dash back in this year I am getting it tinted. I already have a lowered semi rough riding car (the 97) the 89 is the daily driver, getting a hitch installed on it right now, and the rusted mylar trim has been yanked off.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Domesticbird: I love the black motif you have goin' on. :thumbsup: If you hadn't mentioned that the spoiler was getting painted I wouldn't have noticed that it doesn't match.

Nick: I got mine off of eBay for ~$30 plus shipping. It was a new aftermarket fiberglas one. I imagine that it is not as good quality as a Ford part but all it does is sit there and look good.

Bangster: I only mentioned the T-birds because I thought I saw somewhere that the Cougar trunklid is too straight for that spoiler but it looks good in your pictures. It looks like it might be a little high (ie - too far from the keyhole) but other than that I like it. So... yes, Cougars too!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Same here, saw the red svt bird with the spoiler about 4 years ago. So i got one ,put it on and didn't like the third brake light so I shaved it.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Just doesn't look like it fits right on the Cougars trunk deck.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
it looks OK to me, the only beef i have with it not looking stockish is the bottom lip seems to cover a slight portion of the key hole indentation in the trunk.....if it was maybe cut away a little to follw the circle for trunk key hole it would look more stock to me.

but as a whole it looks good.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
It is sitting on the studs in my pictures, it would be lower once/if I drill the holes and mount it. I can see where I would want to cut it to fit the rear deck, but it is pretty close. The radius of it is almost spot on with the deck lid:

I got it because it looks so good on a thunderbird, but once I got it (off eBay, for a pretty good price) the idea kinda cooled off.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Oh ok, well I guess that explains it looking a bit high and maybe at a bit of an akward angle as well. didn't look like it fit the trunk right at all. lol

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Heres mine, i love it. :D

Yes it needs to be this big!

·
Registered
645 Posts
I just put mine on. I didn't hook up the HMSL because 6 of the LEDs are out in it. I think it's definitely the cleanest looking spoiler you can put on a MN-12 imo. :D

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Just for the lookers, I have a sho spoiler for sale, PM me if your interested!

-Joel

·
Registered
483 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
917 Posts
i just bought one off of ebay in WT so it will match up perfectly paint wise i found it just as it was ending and coincidentally just after reading this thread.... i will post pics once i get it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts