TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy who I asked about welding my car said you can repair the rear bushings with the Taurus front subframe bushing kit. There is some modification but it could work (according to him).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, was there every any follow-up on this? Is it true? If so, what modification (s) need to be done?

·
Super Moderator
10,651 Posts
They do not look like this:

Pic by DLF, from SCCoA.com.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Are those the amazingly awesome ones that work better than the ghetto-mod "California subframe mod" I've heard about from a few SCCoA peeps?

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
Are those the amazingly awesome ones that work better than the ghetto-mod "California subframe mod" I've heard about from a few SCCoA peeps?
I have the ones pictured. They were originally designed/made by DLF until he passed and then another member (I bought them from him but I forget his name) started making them. Unfortunately he's fallen on some hard times personally and I don't think he's making them anymore.

I looked at Rock Auto at the ones available for all of the generations of the Taurus from the early 90's through about 2007 and the only one that *could* work would the ones for the rears. After about 2007 the only ones pictured are for the front of Taurus and they definitely wouldn't work. I believe that the bolts they are shipped with are too small (M12 vs. our M14).

See pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts