TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys has anyone tried the Taylor 10.4mm 409 series pro race wires? I got my set in the mail today and they are friggin HUGE.
http://www.taylorcableproducts.com/oem7.html

The ones I have are at the very bottom of the table. I got these for a really good deal so hopefully they will work well. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Nope. Always had stock wires on mine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They're over-kill unless you have an aftermarket ignition or a lot of mods. I bought some for my Z28, saw how much of an over-kill they were and sent them back for some Taylor Spiro Pros. Just my 2 cents, you don't have your mods in your sig like most people on here do. ;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realize they are overkill, but I got them for such a good deal its worth it in my opinion. If nothing else, maybe the look alone will add 15hp ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a set sitting in my garage waiting to go on. I've heard good things about them, but like Mystic said, they are overkill on a stocker... ;)
What part number you get and if you don't mind me asking what you paid for them?

EDIT: The ones I got are the 98059 Thundervolt 50's, not the 409's, sorry... (and I paid wayyy to much for them, lol) :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I use the FRPP 9mm wires. They are probably overkill to, but I'll admit that I just put them there for the bling factor. :)

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Mystic Thunder said:
you don't have your mods in your sig like most people on here do. ;)
thats okay.....keeps people guessing...:tongue:

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
basskid said:
... If nothing else, maybe the look alone will add 15hp ;)

Classic. LOL.

I use Magnacore KV8.5's on mine and they're great. If the Taylor 10.4's are worth 15HP then mine must be worth at least 10HP!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Aren't the 10.4 wires just an 8mm wire with a 10.4 mm sleeve?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
_95badbird said:
Aren't the 10.4 wires just an 8mm wire with a 10.4 mm sleeve?
Pretty much, same with 9mm wires, its all extra insulation which doesnt hurt. Best thing about them is you can get them in other colors besides the stock gray.

- Dan

·
Registered
206 Posts
8mm for me. 10.4mm weighs too much, even if you gain 15 horsepower, you will lose at least 2 seconds in the quarter mile due to their extreme size and weight. (lol)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LMAO.... getting these was cheaper than stock wires and the frpp wires. I got them for 54 shipped. The only mod right now is the air silencer removal, but within the next 30 days, pi heads, intake,mustang intake setup, and hopefuly a tune will be happening. I'll post up the actual time when I do it if anyone wants to stop by Jim's t-bird shop in Amboy. ;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Mystic Thunder said:
They're over-kill unless you have an aftermarket ignition or a lot of mods. I bought some for my Z28, saw how much of an over-kill they were and sent them back for some Taylor Spiro Pros. Just my 2 cents, you don't have your mods in your sig like most people on here do. ;)
Is "JC" Johnson County? If so...why would you send them instead of driving all ten miles over to Grandview and getting them?

Chris

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
basskid said:
LMAO.... getting these was cheaper than stock wires and the frpp wires. I got them for 54 shipped. The only mod right now is the air silencer removal, but within the next 30 days, pi heads, intake,mustang intake setup, and hopefuly a tune will be happening. I'll post up the actual time when I do it if anyone wants to stop by Jim's t-bird shop in Amboy. ;)
Don't forget about the torque converter. Who's this Jim guy? He sounds pretty awesome to help you like this and let you use his garage!

·
Registered
455 Posts
its ok to be jealous cougar guy. i don't think he discriminates against hoosiers if you can find your way out of your cornfield and make it over to his for some mods :)

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
By the time I've got the money for mods, I doubt we'll be driving cars with IC engines anymore.

But alas, I need to stop hijacking this thread.

EDIT: BTW, I'm not a complete Hoosier yet, my DL and tags still say Illinois . . . though that's not to say I'm not trying to escape to Hoosier-land.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts