TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my friends suggested that i get a TB spacer for my bird (93 non sc). is that the same thing as an EGR spacer? if so, what exactly does it do? and would it fit on my car? where could i find one? if a TB spacer wont work, would a c&l 73mm tb or bbk 70mm (i think its 70mm) tb for an sc fit on my bird? thanks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
no its not the same as an egr spacer...those are typically used on 5.0s...i heard a guy with a lot of work done to his motor dynoed an additional 2 rwhp with the tb spacer...on a stock motor i dont think it would do much at all...the 70mm tb for the sc will not work on the n/a 3.8...bbk sells a 56mm for the n/a but i would recommend matching the upper intake to it...as for the maf...you should have the 55mm stock so the 73mm would probably help a bit...

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i get the 56 mm tb, how would i go about matching the upper intake (and lower intake as well)? is it something i could do myself? and which company makes a good 73mm maf?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
since you have a 93' I assume you have a stock 70mm MAF, its PLENTY good for your amount of airflow, as is the stock TB (if you half shaft it, I did a write up on it in a post last week, just search for it) I dynoed at 165rwhp and 212rwtq with a STOCK maf and halfshafted TB with my ported heads and such. Spend your money somewhere else on the engine, P&P intakes are a good start.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey Rancherlee...

oh my falt...i wasnt sure when the 70mm's were introduced...in that case, if you got a 70mm, i wouldnt waste the money for 3mm's...

hey Rancherlee...i'm coming for you...got stage 3 upper and lower with 60mm gt tb matched to upper on the way (ditched "do it myself" p/p) should be having my heads done soon also by a local shop, and if i have the money i'm thinking about 1.8 roller rockers...along with current mods (James Tumminelli CAI, MAC pullies, Pro M 75mm "bullet" maf, Customchip reburned by Pete, MSD 6A, Dynomax exhaust, 96-97 factory headers, 3.73's) , i think i should be up there with you...torque converter and 93 mk8 driveshaft should also compliment nicely for the street/strip...by the way, what are our options for torque converters?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I'll let you know about PI torque converters when I save up enought money and install one in a few months. Vortech or Prochager going in next summer :)

Jim, I would just get 1.73 roller rockers to save 50$, You can get a camshaft ground to make up the lift difference.

Actually, I don't see "camshaft" in your list......... If your using stock valve springs get the 205/205 cam from rpm-mustangs, or you can go with more cam and install new springs (rpm-mustangs.com also has the proper springs for the higher lift cams)

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah...i dont know about cam yet...like you said...it depends on the springs...if i decide to do cam i will definetly go all out...titanium springs, nice lumpy cam...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
don't go too nuts, rememer, we have heavy cars.

·
Registered
443 Posts
yeah i know...i sometimes get into these frenzies...i think i should just go buy a nice 5 speed 5.0 lx notchback and work from there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts