TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok have half shafted the tb. now am going to have the ridge removed in the center section. what size should i have it bored to. 52mm is what the intake manifold side is. not sure if that is the size i can go with or can i go bigger than 52. also will i need a new butterfly plate if so where can i get one.

thanks
ryan

·
Registered
801 Posts
hey sorry this is out of your question, but how does your cat-back sound catless b/c right now im catless and i want to get the cat-back system does it sound very loud??????????? thanks for the help

Marvin M.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
havent had time to get it on the lift yet to take them out have been busy with school. will prob do it in a couple weeks. but the flowmaster system sounds good, has a deep tone to it and isnt loud on the highway.

·
Registered
801 Posts
is it very noticable??????????? how can you describe the sound, acording to another cars sound like a mustang or so. So i can have an idea.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its noticeable but not like a mustang. the delta flow mufflers are quiet but you can still here it coming down the street. it has the sound of a v8 just a quiet one the resonator is what makes the car sound better. seemed like had a noticeable difference off the line and just easier flowing up top. prob will make more of a difference after i unplug my cats

·
Registered
710 Posts
hey zimmer, is that dyno WITH all the mods you have listed in your signature??? If so it seems a little low.....

That just cannot be....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya it was except for the cat deletes accel cap and rotor, new plugs and wires they were worn out over 2 years old. replacing o2's maybe an old fashioned tune up is what i needed for power hope to run another one in january with the intakes, 97 headers, just finished halfshafting the tbody and ported it will post the numbers when get it all set up an ran. car has 75000 miles on it

thanks to espicer, rancherlee for the help on halfshafting, was really easy to do with spare parts layin around

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hmmmm I've been talkin with a few other people on here and they seem to have the same opinion as me: the TQ looks good but something just ain't right with the HP there man... according to that you've only gained 5 or so HP at the crank from stock... and that can NOT be. Maybe rancher can post again on the subject, or SD even.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
finally realized cant bore the tb because has to be closed at idle for the idle air motor unless can get a bigger butterfly. but any info on what i need to do for my
hp numbers WOULD BE GREATLY APPRCIATED

·
Registered
861 Posts
What is Halfshaft??

What does that mean?? If there's a gain in power I'd like to do it, but don't know what it means??

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
DAMN your RWTQ is high You have about 20-25ft-lbs. over stock but LITTLE to NO gain in HP

STOCK is about 115-120rwhp and around 190 rwtq

On though the comes to mind "was the torque converter locked for the dyno pull?"
If you torque converter was lock you would loose torque but gain HP. with you mods I would say you SHOULD be around 130rwhp and 200rwtq

1 - 14 of 14 Posts