TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, I'm looking around for a ford oval emblem for my trunklid. My emblem is a little oxidized looking. I'd like to put a new one on there.

A couple questions. I see a bunch of them have a two peg mounting setup. Are all ford vehicles using the same emblem and the same peg setup?

I'd like to get a black ford oval, but the only ones I see are cheap stick on ones. Are there any stock looking black oval ones with the proper mounting pegs?

Secondly, I want to get a new grill and wings for the front end. Same deal, its chipped up and drives me crazy.

Does ford still sell these parts (doubtful) if not does anyone make a good aftermarket one?

JH

·
Registered
74 Posts
justinh:

I've been collecting new parts in preparation for an April paintjob on my '96 Bird.

The new blue Ford oval I received has a part number of E9SZ-6342528-B. It's still in the bag so I can't be sure of the color but it looks like it is a LOT darker blue than the one on the car.

My 96 had been vandalized, so I had picked up a good trunklid from a 93 in the local yard. Pulled all the parts off the 93 lid in preparation for painting and installation. The blue oval off the 93 has a part number of E9SB-634250-AA and is the same real ford blue color as the one still on the 96.

Haven't got around to getting back to the local dealership to see about the color discrepancy and maybe exchanging this one. (This was before I found out about Dan Newman, who I have since bought stuff from, and who is a fine gentleman in every sense of the word.)

Hope this helps,

Larry W7LES in Cheyenne

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i have always wanted to take the ford oval and put the bird emblem in it instead. wouldnt that b neat?

·
Registered
293 Posts
why not take it to a lettering shop and have a cover made for the blue. You can have it with the blue back ground and when you get it back, spray it with some polyurathain or clear coat. shouldn't cost much

·
Registered
293 Posts
there are shops around that do lettering for company trucks. they can do the blue oval and then put in the thunderbird in any color you wish. Takes about a hour to do it. Shouldn't cost more than 25-30 dollars. Then take it home and spray some clear coat or polyurathin on it. I don't know what a new decal would cost but seems to me the decal may be the way to go

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Justin - I remember reading something on here awhile back where someone had done a black logo. If I remember right, they sanded the backing off of the emblem which somehow takes the blue out of the logo. Then they just spray painted it black or whatever color they wanted. I'll do some digging to see what I can find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts