TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why they stopped using the black molding line on the roof of the Cougar in the early 90's, but not the Tbird? I kind of wish they had done the same thing to the bird.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
they must have started painting them in 93, which, if anyone cares...is also early 90's :rolleyes:

A friend of mine has a 93 xr7 with painted moldings.

Here's a pic of a t-bird with painted moldings, looks very cool. A lot more modern looking in a way. Surprising what a little paint can do.

-Thomas

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I've got my 95 bird, which still has black moldings. I'm thinking when I get a paint job done I might have the moldings painted, just as long as it'll come out decent

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Thomas said:
they must have started painting them in 93, which, if anyone cares...is also early 90's :rolleyes:

A friend of mine has a 93 xr7 with painted moldings.

Here's a pic of a t-bird with painted moldings, looks very cool. A lot more modern looking in a way. Surprising what a little paint can do.
-Thomas
Somehow I'm thinking that's not what the original poster is talking about. If he is indeed talking about that, this whole thread makes ZERO sense.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:uppoint: The molding line I meant was the line above the top of the door, right before the roof flattens out. All birds, and the early cougars had a black piece of plastic/rubber running from the front of the roof to the back of the roof. But, the later cougars just had a seam--not plastic.:confused:

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Yes, the 93+ cougars have that molding above the door painted, this is what I'm saying. It is not a seem, it is painted molding.

I was only posting that picture because that bird also has that top molding painted (as well as other moldings obviously) so I thought I'd share :)

-Thomas

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Mine came matching from the factory on my bird and its a 95 ;), also came with matching door handles too.

-Miller

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thomas said:
Yes, the 93+ cougars have that molding above the door painted, this is what I'm saying. It is not a seem, it is painted molding.

I was only posting that picture because that bird also has that top molding painted (as well as other moldings obviously) so I thought I'd share :)

-Thomas
OK, I see. It's a cool bird. I actually prefer black molding around the windows though, but I wish Ford had decided to paint that "rain gutter" on the birds like on the cougars.:(

miller1995 said:
Mine came matching from the factory on my bird and its a 95 ;), also came with matching door handles too.
-Miller
:uppoint: I have a black bird too, but the black rubber just isn't quite black enough to match the paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts