TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been searching through all the possible threads related to my problem and can not find any like mine. Here is my problem, if i turn the key to the on position in my 97 4.6 bird the cooling fan will come on and stay on, at which point i try to turn the key to start it and it just cranks and cranks. UNTIL the fan shuts off, then the car starts up perfectly. Its really bothering me because everytime i get into the car i have to wait for the fan to shut off to start the car. PLEASE HELP!!!:(
I have verified that there are no issues with the fuel system either, no leaks, and the pump pressurizes to 40 psi instantly when the key is turned to the on position, when cranking its at a steady 39, and when running its about 32 ish. Ive replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and the fuel pressure regulator. Im at a loss. Also, you can hear a click when the fan shuts off, then you can start it.
Also, the time that it takes the fan to shut off is random every time, its usually shorter when the car has been running, but if i go to start it after it has been sitting overnight, there have been times where i have waited up to 4 minutes for the fan to shut off. Fuel pressure is there, question is, why wont the car start without the fan turned off and whats wrong with my fan???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts