Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mtv2 there pimpin a thunderbird
anyone know what year it is? old one

·
Registered
519 Posts
:D sweet, too bad they do the dumbest things to cars. It would be nice if Overhaulin' did a MN12 cause they actually make the car nice and they put a crate engine in about every one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 65 so not an MN12 but still cool

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they didnt do to bad they dropped a 351 with a new trans in it said it had 500 hp?? think thats right? they also had these tires where the rubber had red died into them so when they did burnouts it made red smoke it was pretty cool

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah, tehyre kumho ecsta... they make them in a lavender scent too.... kinda wierd... but quite a piece at a drift competition. i think the red smoke go for about 150 a pop for 16 inchers, and the lavender for about 100 each.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I just watched it a fiew min ago. You beat me to making the thread. The only thing they did to it that I didnt like was the crap in the trunk. Who needs a bod that spins? Other than that they accually did it some tiny bit of justice.

Edit: I ment box not bod

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just watched it a fiew min ago. You beat me to making the thread. The only thing they did to it that I didnt like was the crap in the trunk. Who needs a bod that spins? Other than that they accually did it some tiny bit of justice.

Edit: I ment box not bod
Yea I saw that too, probably sounds like ass when the music is playing.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah it spun way to fast to i didnt like what the did to the hood either they made it open sideways i thought it looked dumb. but that was probably the first time they didnt do to bad of a job

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
I hate to even say this, but the show was much better when WCC did the cars.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah, used to be that the stuff they did was outlandish, and over the top... but now its just plain 'mad tyte yo' kinda stupid....

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
:D sweet, too bad they do the dumbest things to cars. It would be nice if Overhaulin' did a MN12 cause they actually make the car nice and they put a crate engine in about every one.
They use crate motors because they have sponsors that supply them, and if you were trying to get a car that nice in 7 days would you want to rebuild an engine as well?

I'd just ask them to put in a low mileage Explorer Motor. (and maybe a supercharger :D)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
lol. jus cauz i dunt speal as gud as yu giys....

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
It's not that you can't spell worth a darn that's annoying, it's that you seem to spell everything with "teh" because you actually want to. :tongue:

btw I didn't realize there's now a market for aroma therapy burnout tires???

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
no.. i dont do it intentionally.. my typing skills arent the greatest, and i start to type some letters sooner than others.... mainly e and h get mixed up.... now, back on topic.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I can never decide if it's your mad tyte yo typing skills or just typos. lol

Its funny I was just thinking... it must have started when some dyslexic mad tyte yo mistyped it all the time and all the other mad tyte yo wannabe's thought damned yo! i need to start spelling it like that too!

I make that typo often enough myself I just take a moment to proofread what I've written.

back on topic. WCC doesn't do the show anymore? Well that's actually good for them. I never understood why they did that show. All the cars were total hack jobs that made them look like incredibly unprofessional idiots.

I can't imagine they would do that stuff to paying customers cars. It was absolutely horrible scary body work and stuff they would do on that show. Why oh why would you go on TV and portray your custom body shop to be a half-assed hack shop!?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Southpaw said:
...I make that typo often enough myself I just take a moment to proofread what I've written....
Thats the key right there. PROOFREAD. I make the same mistake, and more. I just take the time to read what I type before I hit the "enter" key.

Southpaw said:
...I can't imagine they would do that stuff to paying customers cars. It was absolutely horrible scary body work and stuff they would do on that show. Why oh why would you go on TV and portray your custom body shop to be a half-assed hack shop!?
I've come to the conclusion that on a lot of the "custom" cars I see on the streets its more important to them that they be "custom" than that the job be done well.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Taking on a show like pimp my ride just ain't to bright a thing to do. Lets take on complete basket case cars and turn them out custom in a matter of days!

Sure the people who's cars get pimped win bigtime. They owned an extremely ragged out POS that was never going to get properly rebuilt anyway. Like the surfer dude with the split window veedub bus without windows. Practically all around the gutter and pillars was rotten and full of holes. Now it's full of rusty fiberglass and bondo with nice clean paint hiding it all, and he has windows. Obviously he's better off then before but pity anyone who buys it 2nd hand not knowing it's true condition. lol

I don't see why any high end body shop would want to go on TV and be seen slinging fiberglass resin and bondo at rusty holes and other outragious stuff like that. What a great marketing idea! I sure hope the show was at least a cash cow for them...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
actually, firefox does it for you..... lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts