TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently looking for set a rims along with everything else I have in my plans on what Im gonna do the my TBird anyways where are some good places or can anyone give me a run down of what will and will not work on a Tbird?
thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
first of all.. (unless you want ricer looking rims or to pay out the ass to have them custom made) youll need to do a mustang hubswap as our coars run an odd bolt pattern (5 X 4.25)whereas nearly everything else runs on a 5 x 4.50 bolt pattern. when i got rims for my SC i went with a 36mm offset. ive seen alot of other people on the forum use the same offset as well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Did you try the custom wheel shop? I dont think you have to pay out the ass to have something made but you have to take your time finding what you want. It took me 6 months before i settled on mine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh I knew the Tbird had an oddball bolt pattern that's why I was aking, I thought about switching out hubs but how much of a job is it? seem like it'd be somethin simple enough. And yeh I went to custom wheels through the banner at the top. good looking wheels hard choice lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 94 Bird & was able to use 96 Mustang hubs/rotors on the front end & I had my real hubs/rotors redrilled. It cost me approx $200 for parts & labor, which was well worth it to me. What size wheels are you thinking of using? Take your time and see what others here are using and follow their lead as in size & offset. This will make your first set of wheels correct, saving you alot of headaches, lol. Best of luck, JPT.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh the custom wheel shop is a very nice place the owner told me he was using the GT500 on his car and the 18x9.5 fit like a glove with the 32mm positive offset

1 - 6 of 6 Posts