TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
It's amazon that my car was built there and shipped to california.I wish they would remake the MN12 platform and reopen that plant!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
Better chance of being hit in the face by a meteor just as you found out you won the lottery.
:uppoint:
LMFAO

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Always nice to see Mark is there for an encouraging word or two :D haha That was great Mark. I may haveta use that line sometime :)

-Melon

·
Registered
573 Posts
*scratch scratch scratch*
HEY! I just won the lott... OW!!!!!! My face!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Peter M

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeap my best friends dads worked there for 20+ years building our beautiful cars. He always enjoys me telling him about this site and how there are still people out there that still love these cars almost 10 years after the last one rolled off the line..

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
This upcoming March, my car will be 10, and it'll be 10 years in July that I brought it home brand new.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
^^^ cute, but inaccurate. Tbird production didn't start at Lorain Assembly in '54 (the plant opened in '58) nor did it end there in '97... I believe they manufactured them elsewhere during '58-97 as well.

This tribute is scripted so the # of days since the last 'Bird was made is always correct.
Or it was the last time he updated his website sometime prior to 2002. :tongue:

·
Registered
775 Posts
My tribute never said production started at the Lorain plant. It said it ended there.

Thunderbirds were built there from 1980 through it's demise in 1997.

Again And again

And whether I updated it since before 2002 has no bearing on the tribute seeing as none of the facts there have changed. (except of course the retro Bird which I intentionally ignored)

By the way, I took that from a press release when Ford discontinued the Bird in 1997.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
What began at 7:01 am on September 1st 1954, ended at 7:35 pm Thursday September 4th 1997, 3383 sad days ago as the last Ford Thunderbird rolled off the assembly line at the Lorain Ohio plant, where the Thunderbirds were built.
What began in '54 didn't end in '97 as you say it did. If it's strictly an epitaph to the MN12 Thunderbird era then what began in 1988 ended in '97. But that's not what you say.

When you quoted what Ford said in a press release back in 1997 it was correct but that was 10 yrs ago.

This tribute is scripted so the # of days since the last 'Bird was made is always correct.
I don't see how Thunderbird production resuming and carrying on into the 21st century doesn't have any bearing? The last one built was in 2005. Your "always correct" count has been inaccurate for years now. lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had this tribute up before they produced the RetroBird and chose to ignore it because it would have meant taking the page down. Being a fan of the MN12, I didn't want to do that. If it will make your feel better, just ignore it.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Well it seems to be intended as an epitaph to the MN12 Tbirds. Where it get's off course is talking about the prior history of the Thunderbird and that history coming to an end in 1997. A bit of a mixed message you've got there. You seem to embrace the entire past history of the bird prior to the MN12 but want to ignore what came after?

ummm OK. If it will make your feel better, just ignore it. ;)

You obviously don't see any humor in the fact that you trumpet the number is always correct up top of the website, but time has obviously passed it by since you stated that...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Southpaw said:
Well it seems to be intended as an epitaph to the MN12 Tbirds. Where it get's off course is talking about the prior history of the Thunderbird and that history coming to an end in 1997. A bit of a mixed message you've got there. You seem to embrace the entire past history of the bird prior to the MN12 but want to ignore what came after?

ummm OK. If it will make your feel better, just ignore it. ;)

You obviously don't see any humor in the fact that you trumpet the number is always correct up top of the website, but time has obviously passed it by since you stated that...
OK, so be it.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
dude never try to argue with Southpaw..... hes always right no matter what ;)
Hey you must have me confused with George Bush...

Actually I'm right when I'm right and I do change my opinion if someone points out i'm mistaken. It's just doesn't happen very often. :)

As for the ex-wife, ummm perhaps being "always correct - if you just put this aside, and ignore this too" is something she's all to familiar with? :D ;)

I'm not looking to give you a hard time. I didn't even know it was your website until you got defensive.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Southpaw said:
As for the ex-wife, ummm perhaps being "always correct - if you just put this aside, and ignore this too" is something she's all to familiar with? :D ;)
No ex-wife here. Just used that to bust your ba!!$.

Southpaw said:
I'm not looking to give you a hard time. I didn't even know it was your website until you got defensive.
Defensive? Just trying to let you know it was done long ago, so long ago I forgot to update it after the retro came out. It's really no big deal, I was learning html & using scripts back then. I thought it was fun then, it's boring now. :) I corrected it. (I think)

Oh by the way, the plant didn't open in 1958 as you stated earlier, the facility was originally built in 1946 by the Fruehauf Company and was utilized to build over-the-road trailers until 1972 when it was purchased by Ford Motor Company.

So now you can do as you said in your earlier post "Actually I'm right when I'm right and I do change my opinion if someone points out I'm mistaken."

1 - 20 of 44 Posts