TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
The fronts aren't nearly as easy as the rear, I almost always have to deal with them being siezed to the knuckle(which is easily fixed with a BFH) or sway bar (which isn't as easy). Occasionally the nuts freeze halfway up the threads and spin, fixing this makes for a nice balancing act with a C clamp to keep pressure on the endlink

In comparison, I can do the rears without even jacking up the car.
+1 I did my back ones in my driveway without even jacking up the car. The fronts, I pulled the front tires off at the shop for easier access.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
After having already replaced the front sway bar links I went to install sway bar bushing. The link didn't want to seperate easily from the bar so I used a pitman arm puller and it came apart very easily. I love the Moog bushings as they have a slit which helps to get them onto the bar. Moog doesn't make stock sized bushings for the rear so I had to get creative with a c-clamp, silicone spray, and a flat piece of metal to get the solid Raybestos bushing over the flat ends of the bar.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My mechanic installed the Moog endlink kits, no problem. The 'Clunk' is mercifully gone.

Many thanks to numerous responders.

I guess I can expect the occasional bushing failure as the years go by. Can live with that.

Cheers,
P

21 - 23 of 23 Posts