TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jack of all trades, Master of none
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to title this really. Anyway, I did some searching on the forums and didn't find anything. I realize there is going to be a difference in the widths of the bird vs the stang. My idea is, I would like to give my bird the front end styling of the mid 90's Cobra. Mainly just the front bumper cover, and possibly hood, but mostly the bumper.
I found an old thread from a few years ago, but it never went anywhere. From my searching, it doesn't look like any makes a kit like this. So, I figure it would be a custom job.
So I am wondering what is the difference in width? How heavily would a cobra bumper cover have to be modified to fit the bird. After some research, I did find basic specs, 95 T-bird width 72.7 inches and 90's mustang is 71.8 or something close.
I am not buying anything soon, I just want to get a game plan together. I'm curious if the cobra bumper would be some cutting and minor fiberglass work, or if I would have to completely cut up both the bird and cobra bumper and create some kind of custom job?
Anyway, any of you fiberglass guys, or anyone that has tried something similar please chime in here. If all goes well I am going to start collecting parts this summer, both body stuff and motor. Oh, and for those that don't know, here are the 2 bumpers.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
youd have to cut the tbrd bumper around the lights, and where the hood goes, then cut the cobra bumper to match it then cut the cobra bumper in half and extend it an inch.... and thats probably not scraping the surface.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
goodluck with the hood...lol...ur gonna have to get new fenders if u use the stang hood. u can see thatr the stang hood is narrower than the tbird. or cut the stang hood and put a strip in the middle to make it wider

on another note..... with the bumper where you see the horizontal bend in the stang bumper and the indented line of the tbrid....if u maybe cut them there and use the top half of tbird and lower half of stang and join them somehow is how i would see to do it. then ud have to deal with width issues using bottom half of stang bumper...maybe insert a peice to the stang bumper but then ud have to mold it to match the curves......

ORRR you could buy a stang ahahah jk jk

goodluck with this....i think it would look kinda cool if its done....i think its doable just time and effort will tell....

Dean

·
Jack of all trades, Master of none
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, not really sure if it's something I would really want to try. I would like to pick up another Bird front bumper and do some experimenting with some glass. If I could mold those fog lights correctly, I wouldn't need the stang bumper at all. As far as the hood goes, I would be fine with the cobra R hood, not going to try and cut up my hood.
Anyway, if I can find a cheap bumper cover locally I may see what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts